Part 88

.

.

A white, glaring blade was removed from its plain hilt!

HuaiSang's mouth stuck open and his brain froze watching the sword pulled out of its hilt..

Suibian, Wei Wuxian's sword..

But,

How can Jiang WanYin??

"It is.. it is.. ", the all time eloquent Lan XiChen felt a draught of words, now.

Jiang Cheng stared down at the glimmering sword in his hand. He only realized after a few moments.

"Maybe the Sword was never sealed?", SiZhui said hopefully.

One look at his son and Lan WangJi felt extremely uncomfortable at the puzzled look in his eyes.

"It was", he told SiZhui. "After the sage in burial mound, Suibian sealed itself"

"But Han Guang-Jun, then how is it possible?"

This was the very first time anyone in the cultivation world watched a sealed sword getting pulled out by someone other than its master. So of course there were a multitude of queries to answer.

"How is it possible for sect leader Jiang to pull out Suibian? Is it because they grew up together? Is there some sort of exception ?", Lan JingYi asked his elder.

"There is no such exception", an equally baffled Lan QiRen said. In his entire life, Master Lan has never witnessed such an exceptional phenomenon. "Though there are some other possibilities"

he continued, "Some spiritual devices can be controlled by more than one master"

"Like Zidian?", Jin Ling asked curiously.

Lan QiRen nodded. "But in that case, it is already determined by the primary master of the spiritual weapon. The other possibility is, the spirit residing in the tool considers this other person highly. But this happens rarely. Very rarely as in soul mates. I have only theoretical knowledge in this topic"

"But both of these reasons don't seem to be applicable in this case", HuiSang, now finding his brain starting to defrost, asked.

"Yes", Lan QiRen agreed immediately. "The other possibility is specifically for swords with high spiritual power. It is, if the sword spirit reached a high level of attainment but still stuck with a master who is incapable of utilizing this power, then it will seal itself until a capable person arrives"

"But uncle Wei is very capable. There is no need for Suibian to search for another master"

" I remember reading about this theory", Lan XiChen commented after rewinding his memory. "But what Jin Ling said is also correct. Suibian have no reason to choose another master"

The discussion was getting heavier on one side of the cave, while in the other corner, Wei Wuxian opened his mouth. " I want to go back". His voice was below the usual level of whispering and if it was not for the extraordinary Lan sense of hearing WangJi wouldn't have picked it.

"Wei Ying", in an equally calm voice Lan WangJi tried to call his husband out of the pernicious thoughts occupying his mind. "I'm here", he reminded him.

Wei Wuxian turned to look at Lan WangJi and those heavy mountains of burdens pooled in his eyes finally rolled down. "I want to go back home", he whimpered, "I don't want to watch it Lan Zhan"

"WangJi knows", Lan WangJi brushed those tears away, touching his cheeks as delicately as a flower. " You don't have to watch further. Wei Ying, why don't we take a walk?"