Love Ends All by k00kiesandch0c0lates

Full title: Love Ends All - KTH by k00kiesandch0c0lates
Source: 🅱🅾🅱🅰 🅶🆁🅰🅽🅳 🅰🆆🅰🆁🅳 by iloveboba1stacct
Category: Best Cover
Mature: Y
Status: Ongoing
Special note (rubric): Provided by the awards organizer to the other judge (arrowgig). I pasted it below. Normally, I type feedback for each section of a rubric, but I never received the rubric from the organizer, so I used a modified version of the cover section from my "First Impressions" review when I judged these entries initially, and I typed a full paragraph of feedback from that. When I received the rubric from the other judge, I copied and pasted sections of that into corresponding sections of the new rubric.
Special note (judging): I had 7 books from this category, and arrowgig had 10 books.
Result: 97/100

Clicking the "External Link" button below the "Continue to next part" button will take you straight to the book.

*****

Rubric:
- Visual appeal: 20
- Thematic relevance: 20
- Originality and creativity: 20
- Typography and layout: 15
- Overall impact: 15
- Judge's opinion: 10
Total: 100

*****

Total: 97/100

Visual appeal: 20/20
I know you said to look at the first part of the book for the non-compressed image, so I did that, and I checked it on the landing page for the book, and again in the pop-up form when I clicked the book on your profile, just so I could get a better feel for it. So, first off, image - fantastic. Love the greens and oranges mixed with the black and his skin tone.

Thematic relevance: 20/20
This definitely gives me mystery/thriller vibes.

Originality and creativity: 20/20

Typography and layout: 12/15
Now, for the title, font choice and color are excellent. I just think it should be bigger. Your name is way too small. I mean, it shouldn't be huge, because the title should be the biggest attraction here, but it needs to be a couple sizes bigger, I think. And I think it should be at the bottom of the cover. Then, when you increase the title size, you can bump it up a little without having to really do anything with the subtext. I think it would be a nice progression, too, to go from the large red text of the title to the mid-size yellow text of the blurb to the smaller orange text of your name.

Overall impact: 15/15

Judge's opinion: 10/10