So it is Always

So I made this chappie from listening to this song over and over and over again. Sorry if this song makes you cry I'm crying right here with you ;3; here we go.

-Erens PoV-

Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.

"Momma." I mumbled as I kept my little baby head on her lap while she twiddled her fingers with my soft brown locks. "Yes, Eren?" She cooed as she rubbed her thumb across my forehead gently, soothing my worries. I was 5, and she sitting in bed with me, and there was a big storm raging from behind my window. "Sing me a song.." I whispered as I nuzzled her more tightly as a clash of thunder and lightning boomed from outside. "Which one do you wanna hear my sweet?" Momma asked with a small tilt of her head, her brown black hair swaying slightly with her head movements.

"A new one." I mumbled as I gripped her skirt as another roll of thunder came from outside. I watched as her shadow nod.

"....Die Stuhle liegen sehr eng.
Wir reden die ganze Nacht lang.
Dieser niedrige Raum ist nicht schlecht.
Wir konnen nus gut verstehen.

So ist es immer.
Unser Licht ist nur das.
Trinken und Singen.
Wir begrussen morgen.
So ist es immer.
Unter russigem Himmel leben wir zusammen.
Der Nacht ist lang.

Da die Sterne nicht leuchten,
Da der Mond auf diese Stadt nicht scheint,
Schalten wir das Licht selbst an.
Singen wir unter dem Steinhimmel.

Chairs so close a room so small
You and I talk all the night long
Meager this space but serves us all well
We comrades have stories to tell

And it's always like that in the evening time
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done
And it's always so we live under the burnt clouds
Ease our burden long is the night

Dust and smoke, stars can't be seen
We all starve for a moonbeam on our town
We must all gather as one
Sing with hope and our fear will be gone

Die Stuhle liegen sehr eng.
You and I talk all the night long
Dieser niedrige Raum ist nicht schlecht.
We comrades have stories to tell

So ist es immer.
That in the evening time
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done
So ist es immer.
We live under the burnt clouds
Ease our burden long is the night

Da die Sterne nicht leuchten,
We all starve for a moonbeam on our town
Schalten wir das Licht selbst an.
Sing with hope and our fear will be gone"

She sang lightly as she brushed my hair with her long and slim fingers. Her voice danced into my ears, making it easier to sleep.i felt my eyes get heavy as I fell into a deep sleep.

-done with italics-

"Alright" Levi whispered as he leaned much closer, our Lips brushing together so softly. "EREEENNNNNN---" Armin bursted through the door and saw the two about to kiss, they snapped their heads to the blonde boy, who had wide eyes in both shock and fear. "Eren--- um who is this?" Armin stuttered and leaned on the wall with his hand, trying to look natural like he hadn't seen anything going on when he walked in. Levi casually slid off me and walked over to Armin, his bland face and furrowed eyebrows on his face as he sauntered to Armin.

"You interrupted us." Levi growled in a harsh tone, but kept his face neutral. Armin took a deep gulp while backing up to the wall, pressing his back against the wall. Levi punched the wall right near Armins head, making his bright blue eyes widen in fear. I stood up from my chair, gaining Armin and Levi's attention. "Levi leave him alone he didn't know." I mumbled as I bit my lip, scared by his mean look. Levi scowled and grabbed his coat and walked out of the library in a huff. "Sorry about that, Armin." I explained as I scratched the back of my neck. He nodded and waved it off with his hand, like it was no big deal.

"Look I gotta go find him, but lock up for me will ya?" I grabbed the library keys and tossed them at Armin, who missed the simple throw, making the metal keys land on the hardwood floor with a light thud. He gave me an apologetic smile and nod while picking them up as I grabbed my jacket and threw it around me, zipping it tightly. As I walked out of the store, getting colder by the second. I let out a small  shiver and sigh as I saw a short dark figure turn down into a small ally. Since the figure was short I thought it was Levi, and I followed him, running up a little farther and grabbed his wrist, making him turn around. I wasn't paying attention to my heat as I felt my self not getting any warm, I was too distracted to noticed I was getting colder, much colder. The man turned around and pulled down his hood, a wicked grin that showed his yellow and crooked teeth. "Well well well, didn't think this trap was going to work." The man smirked as he bashed my head into the building next to us to the right.

Then it all went black.

-"-"-""-"-"--"-"-"-"-"-"-"--"-"-"-"-"-"-"

I woke up with a gasp, dried blood crusted on my forehead as I tried to pull myself up, only to gasp in pain and fall back down with a groan. Beneath me is cold, above me is cold, everywhere I am is cold. I shivered roughly and pressed my back against the old brick wall. My hands were chained as were my ankles. I was in a dark room, only the small flicker of a candle could've been seen in the corner of the dark and cold room. How long have I been out? I let out another groan as I sat up straight and arched my back. I was sitting on a cold mattress and a thin and dusty pillow was to my right.

I curled into a ball as tears escaped my eyes and ran down my face. I opened my mouth and sang the last song my mother sang to me when I was scared.

"..........Die Stuhle liegen sehr eng.
Wir reden die ganze Nacht lang.
Dieser niedrige Raum ist nicht schlecht.
Wir konnen nus gut verstehen.

So ist es immer.
Unser Licht ist nur das.
Trinken und Singen.
Wir begrussen morgen.
So ist es immer.
Unter russigem Himmel leben wir zusammen.
Der Nacht ist lang.

Da die Sterne nicht leuchten,
Da der Mond auf diese Stadt nicht scheint,
Schalten wir das Licht selbst an.
Singen wir unter dem Steinhimmel.

Chairs so close a room so small
You and I talk all the night long
Meager this space but serves us all well
We comrades have stories to tell

And it's always like that in the evening time
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done
And it's always so we live under the burnt clouds
Ease our burden long is the night

Dust and smoke, stars can't be seen
We all starve for a moonbeam on our town
We must all gather as one
Sing with hope and our fear will be gone

Die Stuhle liegen sehr eng.
You and I talk all the night long
Dieser niedrige Raum ist nicht schlecht.
We comrades have stories to tell

So ist es immer.
That in the evening time
We drink and we sing when our fighting is done
So ist es immer.
We live under the burnt clouds
Ease our burden long is the night

Da die Sterne nicht leuchten,
We all starve for a moonbeam on our town
Schalten wir das Licht selbst an.
Sing with hope and our fear will be gone....."