About Last Night (Part 2)

Nicki moved as fast as her legs could take her down the second floor hallway of the McArthur building. There were no students in the hallway as they were probably all already sitting in their classes. Nicki slipped her phone out of her bag and looked at the time, 9:47. She was already seventeen minutes late. Dropping her phone back into her bag, Nicki searched for room 209. Shit, Nicki thought passing room 207 before finally making it to room 209. The door was wide open and Nicki slowly stepped into the room. A woman with red hair stood at the front of the classroom wearing a leopard print dress with blue lipstick and matching heels. She turned from the white board and looked at Nicki.

"Hello," she greeted with an almost fading English accent.

"Hi," responded Nicki eyeing the students in the room who were all staring at her, "sorry I'm late," she said as she spotted Fah sitting in the back of the room alone at one of the tables that seated only two students. Her eyes surveyed the front row where she spotted that guy, Meek, or whatever his name was with an open seat next to him.

"It's okay, I was a little late getting here myself." she said with a smile, "Have a seat, there are two seats left," she stated kindly as she turned back to writing on the white board.

Nicki eyed the two open seats and tried to choose between the lesser of the two evils. Sit next to Fah who hated her and was the reason she was late this morning, or sit next to Meek who was the reason she got in trouble with Fah in the first place. Nicki looked at Fah who was glaring her down before inaudibly groaning and taking a seat next to Meek who looked at her in surprise.

"Forreal?" he asked her as she took a fresh notebook out of her bag before placing it on the table.

"Can you please shut up." responded Nicki digging in her bag for something else, "Dammit,"

"What's wrong?" asked Meek looking up at the teacher as if he were paying attention.

"Can I borrow a pen? I forgot mine in my room," she asked looking at Meek.

"Nah, because you just told me to shut up," he responded with a smirk.

Nicki rolled her eyes, "Can you just give me a pen?"

"Say you're sorry," he said looking at her.

Nicki's eyebrows furrowed with anger, "Rihhh-meeek," she exaggerated, "give me a pen." she demanded quietly enough so only he could hear her.

"Nope." he smiled as he looked back at their teacher. He crossed his long legs at the ankles and Nicki noticed how the table where they were sitting almost appeared too small for his tall frame.

"Fine," she retorted digging her nails into her palm in anger, "I'm sorry for telling you to shut up. Now can I please borrow a pen?" she asked as a fake smile appeared on her face.

"Since you asked so kindly," he smiled back and handed her the pen he was using before grabbing another from his bag.

"Thank you," she said through clenched teeth before directing her attention back to their teacher who was going on about her summer vacation.

"So why you didn't sit next to your sorority sister back there?" he asked after a few minutes.

"We're not exactly the best of friends," responded Nicki still looking ahead.

"Do y'all all gotta wear pink?" he asked and Nicki could see him look her up and down from the corner of her eye.

"It's a rule, at least one pink item everyday. At parties, we can only wear pink," she said running a hand through her curls. She could feel Meek still staring at her.