Shocktober (Part 1)

Hiiiiiii, thank you for all the Halloween costume suggestions! If I don't use your costume for Nicki, I'll probably use it for someone else. Anyway, this chapter is long and took forever to edit (that's why it took so long), but enjoy :) 🎃☠👻

-

The Knew Your Times

SHOCKTOBER
posted: 7:58am, October 7
Tags: Fah R.

Is it just me, or is anyone else shocked at how cold it's gotten over these past two weeks? I swear it feels like we've skipped October and have jumped head first into November. I've been wearing fleeces and leggings around campus, and today it looks like I may need a scarf. I've looked at our forecast for this extra long Columbus Day weekend and temperatures will be falling into the upper 50's and lower 60's! I don't know about you guys, but I may be heading home during this long weekend to bring back some of my winter gear, since it looks like we're going to need it. BUT, because the university has so kindly given us an extra day off on Tuesday, I will be returning Saturday night, because I know that this weekend will be filled with parties!

While I'm crossing my fingers that Delta Alpha Kappa head, Fah R. and her sisters will be throwing their first party of the year at their sorority house this weekend (I've heard that their air conditioning was fixed last month, and it's not like we need air conditioning now anyway), I already know of one party, or rather a Halloween themed tailgate that's going on this Sunday. What am I talking about? If you guessed Shocktoberfest, you are right! If you don't know what Shocktoberfest is, it's an annual tailgate party that is thrown by the men's rugby team behind the on-campus rugby townhouses! Unlike the red, white, and blue football tailgate that we had just last month, Shocktoberfest is open to both lower and upperclassmen students. If you don't want to wear a costume, make sure to wear some Halloween themed colors, because everyone usually gets pretty festive as fuck for this event.

As the week continues to progress, I'm sure I will hear more about what parties are going on this weekend, and will of course tell you. But let's rewind a bit and talk about tonight! As I'm sure my returning OYU Bulls know, OYU loves Halloween! So, they have once again put together the annual haunted house on the front lawn next to the student center for tonight! If you think for some reason that you're too cool for this event, think again. The theater and art majors helped put the haunted house together this year, so it should be, as usual, pretty scary. The event starts at 8pm! I hear that there's also a spot to bob for apples, go pumpkin picking, get your face painted, and even a booth to get your fortunes told! The haunted house event is always a ton of fun, so I hope to see you all there!

While you are walking around campus today, I hope that you take the time to look up at the beautiful Fall colored leaves on the trees, as well as the ones that are crunching beneath your feet. This is all I currently have for you this morning my friends. My spies and I hope that you stay warm on this chilly Wednesday, come out to the haunted house event tonight, and of course, stay on your best behavior ;)

P.s.- The university has also started putting up Halloween decorations around campus and it's making me feel a little spooky. Which Sorority/Fraternity house is going to win the annual Best Halloween House Contest this year?! We are dying to see the Halloween decorations and displays!

- The Knew Your Times

Nicki used her knife to carve out a circle at the top of the medium sized pumpkin that was sitting in front of her on the marble island in the Delta Alpha Kappa kitchen. The women of Delta Alpha Kappa were scattered around the medium sized kitchen and foyer carving and decorating pumpkins that will decorate both the inside and outside of the the sorority house. Nicki looked at Fah, Kimberly, and Dameka who were trying to untangle the orange and purple lights that would be hanging outside of the house to be included in their Halloween display for the annual Best Halloween House Contest against every sorority and fraternity house on campus. It was always usually between Delta Alpha Kappa, Phi Delta, Tau Sigma Kappa, and Beta Delta Xi. Delta Alpha Kappa won last year, and Fah was hungry to win again. If they won, the sorority would win $500 dollars cash with which they could do whatever they wanted. Last year, Fah saved the money to use it for the Bid Day carnival event this year, but Nicki didn't know what Fah would use it for this year since this was her last year being president, being that she was a senior.