First Friday, First Weekend (Part 1)

Warning: If you feel like you want to smack Fah at any time while reading this chapter, I did too.

And this chapter is EXTRA LONG (I didn't want to split it up) so take breaks if you need to lol. Enjoy :)
-

The Knew Your Times

FIRST FRIDAY, FIRST WEEKEND
posted: 8:01am, September 12
Tags: none

Happy first Friday and first weekend everyone! Can you believe we made it through the first week of classes already?! Sooner or later it will be Halloween, then Thanksgiving, and then finally Christmas Break! But let me slow my roll a bit, because there are some events going down this weekend and next week that will make you want to live in the moment. But before I get there, I should tell you about what my spies gathered for me last night. As you all know (because I told you), there were at least five parties happening last night, all of which I sent at least one of my spies to. If you have just started to sweat or hold your breath, because you're nervous that I'm about to write about you...you can calm down, because last night my spies reported the driest stories that have ever been received on syllabus week. To be honest, I'm disappointed in you all. This is Old York University! We are the OYU Bulls and if there is anything that we OYU Bulls are known for besides our amazing basketball teams, it's how we party! I expect these kinds of dry stories during midterms and finals week, but NOT syllabus week! I know that I said that I was just disappointed, but writing those two last sentences has made even more disappointed- maybe even a little angry.

Where were the Phi Delta men? Where were the Delta Alpha Kappa women? Where were all the basketball teams' players? Nowhere! That's where! And we should all know by now that we can't have a poppin' party without them. Not that we at TKYT ever like to beg, but we will swallow our pride and ask that the men of Phi Delta, the women of Delta Alpha Kappa, and the men and women from our basketball teams please come out this weekend! Syllabus week officially ends Sunday night, meaning that we only have so much time before the real work starts! Now that I'm all worked up, it's probably best that I move on to the fun news. What's on the calendar for this weekend and next week??!

Tonight: Beta Delta Xi party at their fraternity house! All are apparently welcome.

Saturday: Upperclassmen tailgate party (Pull on something red, white, or blue, because it's USA themed!), thrown behind the football apartments! All day!

Sunday: Parties that I haven't heard about yet, but will let you know as soon as I do.

Monday: Green Bull Madness Event! (Wear something green to show your school spirit!), happening at the basketball arena in the athletic center! Tickets are now on sale!

I hope that you are all as excited as we are, especially for the Green Bull Madness event on Monday night. It's one of the best events of the year, and who could complain about seeing our best athletes do some crazy tricks on the court? Not us.

That's all I have for you today loyal readers, I hope to see you ALL this weekend (yes, I am calling out Phi Delta, Delta Alpha Kappa, and the women and men's basketball teams!). Happy first Friday and first weekend!

P.s.- We at TKYT, with the utmost sincerity, hope that you stay on your best behavior...until this weekend ;)

- The Knew Your Times

-
Nicki woke up to a thin layer of sweat coating her skin. Opening her eyes, she was met with darkness and the sound of the alarm on her phone going off right near her ear. Nicki groaned as she pulled her covers off of her sweaty body and squinted at the sunlight that was shining through her window and lighting up the small dorm room. She turned off her phone alarm, and quickly glanced at the time, noting that it was 8:45. The room felt extra hot and sticky, and Nicki shut off her fan as it was only circulating hot air. She looked over at Sherika's side of the room and saw that she was still sleeping. Grinning mischievously, Nicki slid off of her bed before tiptoeing over to Sherika's bed.