Olivia Pope

This chapter is longgggggggggg lol hopefully it will hold you guys over until I update again! Enjoy!

-

Nicki slipped a piece of bacon in between her lips as her attention drifted to and from Sherika who was talking about her night at home with her little brother. They had been sitting in the student dining hall for an hour at one of the green booths. The large room, was filled with hungry students finding seats at one of the tables or comfortable booths. The room was completely surrounded by floor to ceiling windows that overlooked the campus. Nicki shifted her attention from the beautiful view out of the window and turned to her two best friends who were now staring at her from across the table.

"What's wrong, Nic?" asked Thembi looking at Nicki with a concerned look on her face.

"Nothing," responded Nicki in a low voice removing her gaze from their questioning eyes.

"Why you not talking?" asked Sherika looking at Nicki's plate, "And you barely eating anything. The food ain't bad, the cooks surprisingly never fuck up the breakfast," she said before looking back into Nicki's sad eyes.

Nicki bit her bottom lip in a desperate attempt to fight back the tears that were threatening to come up, "I'm not hungry," she spoke quietly.

"What you mean you not hungry, you the reason we here." responded Sherika, "Now what happened? Who me and Thembi beating up? Is it Saforehead? Just give the word, because I've been waiting to fuck his ass up for a minute now," she said as she began to crack her knuckles.

Nicki let out a laugh as a few of the tears she had been trying to hold back, to her betrayal, fell on top of her cheeks, "It ain't him, at least not exactly,"

"Then who is it?" asked Thembi handing Nicki one of her napkins to wipe her cheeks.

"And can I still beat his ass?" asked Sherika.

Nicki laughed before answering, "His new girl, Zashia," she said running her fork over her syrup drenched pancake.

"What about her?" asked Thembi.

"She was just in my statistics class and after I finished texting y'all about coming here, she and I had a conversation," said Nicki.

"What the hell? What she say?" asked Sherika.

"She stopped me in the hallway and was saying that she and Safaree ain't dating and that they are just hanging out," explained Nicki with a confused look on her face as she took a sip of her orange juice, "and then she said that she didn't want things to be awkward between us and she just wanted to clear the air,"

Sherika let out a loud snort before laughing, "What the fuck?! What the hell is wrong with that chick?"

Thembi swallowed the piece of pancake she was eating, "She could have just been trying to be nice since y'all in the same class and will be for rest of the semester, but that is still strange,"

"Nah. Bitch should have just kept it moving, y'all don't need to be having no conversations." said Sherika with a raised brow and an eye roll, "I don't trust her,"

Thembi laughed, "You don't trust nobody,"

"Well yeah, and I certainly wouldn't trust nobody coming up to me telling me that they ain't dating my ex, but they still fucking him." said Sherika, "That is odd as fuck and I don't trust the little bitch,"

Nicki shrugged, "I don't know, it was awkward as hell, but she seems harmless,"

"Mhmmm, we'll just keep an eye out for her." said Sherika looking at Thembi who nodded in return, "But tell us why you sad though,"