Parents Weekend (Part 1)

You guys are just spoiled at this point lol. I finished this early, because it's shorter than what I usually do, but enjoy! :)

-
The Knew Your Times

PARENTS WEEKEND
posted: 7:45am, September 19
Tags: none

Good morning everyone! Happy Saturday and happy Parents Weekend! I see that a lot of you gave up partying last night to hide the alcohol under your beds and to clean your dorm rooms. How do I know? Well, last night was a dry night on campus, but I'll let it pass. While you are spending time with your folks, my spies and I will be taking a little break to do the same, but don't think that means that you're off the hook! We are still keeping our eyes and ears out, so you better be on your best behavior ;)

P.s.- Last semester, my mom found my alcohol stash shoved in the back of my mini fridge. Where should I hide it this semester??

- The Knew Your Times

Nicki used her fork to place a piece of chicken teriyaki into her mouth before she began to slowly chew. She was in the student dining hall wedged in between Sherika and Thembi eating the buffet lunch that the university put together for Parents Weekend. They were sitting at a booth across from their mothers who were too involved in their own conversation to eat any of the food that they had picked out. Sherika and Nicki's younger brothers were fooling around beside them as they made faces out of the floor to ceiling windows that enclosed the large room.

"If you two don't sit ya little asses down!" scolded Sherika grabbing her little brother, Shamari's small leg and pulling it down. Shamari turned and slid down in to the booth before pulling Nicki's little brother, Caiah, with him, all the while glaring at Sherika, "And you better fix that face!"

"Mommy, I want to go now and leave Sherika here," Shamari said crossing his small arms.

"When ya little six year old self can reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel, let me know." responded Sherika, "Now eat ya food and hush." she said as Shamari eyed her angrily before he began eating again.

Caiah looked at Nicki, "Nika, when are we going to the basketball court?" he asked sweetly before grabbing his cup of apple juice.

"After mommy is done eating," responded Nicki before turning to Sherika and Thembi, "Are y'all coming?"

Thembi shook her head, "My momma's gotta go after this and I gotta go work on a paper that's due Monday," she said.

Nicki looked at Sherika who was chewing her food, "Nah, my mom wants to take Shamari to the bookstore, so his spoiled ass can get more school apparel," she said eyeing her brother who was staring at her.

"I'm telling mommy you cursed," threatened Shamari pulling on his mother's arm.

"I wouldn't if I was you," whispered Sherika as she made the signal of slicing her neck with her finger. A look of horror came to Shamari's little face as he let go of his mother.

Thembi laughed, "Rika, you awful, why you gotta scare the little boy?"

Sherika glared at her brother who quickly returned her glance, "Because he a little brat,"

"You the brat," Shamari responded and Sherika put a hand to her chest.

"So help me God, wait till mommy not looking and I get ya little ass," she said punching her fist into her other palm.

Nicki and Thembi laughed, "Leave him alone, Rika," said Thembi.

Nicki turned her head and caught Safaree and his mother standing in the buffet table line gathering food onto their plates. Nicki could see Safaree's black eye and felt her chest painfully tighten at how bad it looked. She wondered what excuse he gave his mother about how he got it. Suddenly, Mrs. Samuels turned in the direction of their table and smiled upon seeing their booth. She turned to Safaree and said something that made him look at Nicki and then Sherika. As Mrs. Samuels began to happily approach their booth, Nicki watched Safaree catch her eye again and he stared at her blankly before walking away.