An Unexpected Visitor.

The next morning I wake again in Peeta's arms. Sometime throughout the high Buttercup crawled onto the bed and slept at the end of the bed near our feet. I watch them both sleep peacefully before I stand and take my clothes for today. I walk into the bathroom and lock the door before turning on the shower. There's no more soap for me so I gladly use his the whole shower smells like him and I smile to myself.

After I'm done washing myself, I simple stand under the water thinking. Peeta is taking me on a romantic date tonight. We'll be alone, with nothing stopping us once we're back home. I can't chicken out, I have to do this. For him.

He's done so much for me over the years and I have to start giving back. I step from the shower and dry my hair. I pull on my clothes and emerge from the bathroom, he's still peacefully sleeping so I tiptoe from the room and walk downstairs. There's a knock at the door and I rush to get it before Peeta wakes up.

I instantly regret opening the door when I do. "Katniss hey I-"

"Go away Gale." I snarl shutting the door in his face. He reopens it himself and steps inside. "I could shoot you for trespassing on the president of twelve's land and no one would blink and eyes after what's happened."

He crosses his arms and laughs. "President of twelve eh?"

"Yes. Now leave." I hear the bathroom door open and shut upstairs. "Please."

"Is that Peeta?" He asks with amusement.

"Yes."

"Oh great." He nods. "You'll be pregnant within a month." He grins.

"What do you mean?" I hear footsteps. "Let's go outside." I shove him out of the door and we duck into the backyard.

"Katniss!" I hear him call from the doorway.

I close my eyes and wait for him to stop and go back inside. "You need to leave Gale. Leave and never ever come back, I don't want to see you or talk to you. I'm serious, I'm with Peeta now."

"Katniss, what's wrong with you! I just turned down a job offer leading a military for you and you still can't love me?!" He yells.

The door opens again and this time I hear running footsteps. "KATNISS? Katniss!" I hear Peeta yell running into town.

"Peeta!" I call. "I'm here!" He turns around and his chest rises and falls fast.

"What are you doing back there?" He asks.

"Uhm, I uh-"

"It doesn't matter." He whispers pulling me into a hug. "That's a hell of a way to wake up, I heard someone talking to you about getting pregnant then the next thing I know your in the backyard." He mumbles into my hair.

"How cute." Gale spits from behind us.

"Is he why you went outside?" Peeta asks me.

"Yes."

"Did you kiss him?"

"What?! No Peeta. I hate him!" I say loudly.

He pushes me behind him and takes a few steps to Gale. I can tell his prosthetic isn't in correctly because he's really really limping.

"Why did you come back? You know what you did and she doesn't want to see you." I hear Peeta defend me.

"Oh sure, bread boy's got the girl and suddenly he's got this new found confidence." Gale throws his hands up.

"Answer my question." Peeta snarls.

"Guys come on. It's not worth it." I coo trying to calm them both down. But they continue to rant and yell at each other until I can't take it anymore. "STOP! STOP BOTH OF YOU. ENOUGH!" I run into the house not bothering to close the door. I hear light footsteps again and the only pair I hear is the one with a drag at the end. It's Peeta. My sobs get harder as I run from him upstairs and lock the bedroom door.