Let's Get Married.

Gale's and Johanna's weddings went off without a hitch. Ours is today, I'm really nervous. More nervous then when I went into the hunger games either times. My fingers continue to fumble with a stone he gave me last night and Johanna's wedding. He said it's an angel stone, rubbing it and holding it more lets the angels above know that you are missing them.

I do miss them, everyday. My nightmares last night were horrendous. My screams for him were louder than they've been in a while, it didn't help that when he heard me and came to comfort me. Effie wouldn't let him in, so as I was having a breakdown on my bed him and Effie were outside the door fighting like rabid dogs. And then, after ten minuets of yelling and waking everyone up in the house; Effie finally allowed him to spend the night with me. It was the most relieved and relaxed I've felt in a while.

I wake up early, three a.m. early to be exact, but not because I wanted to. Because I couldn't sleep once I realized Peeta had left and wasn't next to me anymore. I paced my room and for the first time in a while, I prayed. I asked that my father, sister, and all my other friends watched over me today and we're here with me on such an important day.

After I prayed, I turned on the shower. I waited wanting it to be hot, like melt your skin off hot. It always seemed to help me think to take a hot shower. It was a luxury we couldn't have or afford only a few years back.

I showered with rose soap, in a tiny petite little bottle sitting on the shower shelf. I used it's matching partner for my shampoo and conditioner. I step from the shower and find someone has dropped of clothes for me; and laying on my nightstand was a small note. I lift it still holding my robe tightly around me.

Always watching. <3

Is all the note reads. Before I have time to turn around hands are at my side, hugging me tight. "What are you doing here?" I ask quickly turning around to face him.

"Did you actually think I could go an entire day without seeing your beautiful face?" He smiles connecting our foreheads. "Because if you did then your crazy." Our lips graze each other and we begin a game of teasing we still continue to play with one and another. It consists of just barely kissing, it ends when one us can't take it anymore and kisses the other. It's a small, nice game we actually like to play.

He kisses me first, he gives in the easiest. "I really should go though." Someone pounds on the door.

"Peeta!" Effie's shrill Capitol voice screams at us. "I know your in there! Come out or I'll be forced to come in!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" He sulks. "Give me two minuets."  He says connecting our lips slowly. Passion flows through me to him, and him to me as we move in sync.

I'm getting pregnant tonight. I smile thinking about carrying Peeta's child yet again.

"Peeta!" Effie yells even louder.

"I'm coming I'm coming!" He says yet again.

He opens the door and she stands in the doorway in regular clothes.  Lately she's been wearing less and less crazy Capitol clothes. I pull my robe tighter around me and blush a rosy pink. "Get going then." She says as she scoots him out the door. "All finish then Katniss?" She asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Well, breakfast is done and ready when you get dressed. We don't have to start prepping until eleven, and it's nine-thirty now." She says, I shake my head as she closes the door.

I dress in a huge tan sweatshirt and tight black leggings. I leave my hair down because if I do something wrong with it they'll literally cut my fingers off.

When I arrive downstairs everyone grins at me, I want to frown when I remember only the girls are staying in this house. I walk closer to the table and find it's filled with fruit pastries. I sit down and take something with blueberries in it. I take a bite and find it's warm in the middle, the berries bake around the pastries. "What is this?" I ask in disbelief.

"A blueberry blintz."

I sigh as I fill my mouth more. I eat small fruit filled dishes until I can't take it anymore. And when I'm done, I'm whisked away into a room with only my old prep team. "Oh Katniss, I knew someday you'd marry him. He's a good man." Portia smiles down at me while working on my fingernails.
"I just wish you'd stop bitting these off." She grunts quietly.

I chuckle and wait for her to finish, when she's done they look elegant. Just a white tip, they look strange on my short nails but oh we'll. Peeta won't even notice. "I'm going to curl your hair Katniss." Fluvis tells me. "It shouldn't take long."

And he's right, because it only takes half an hour. When she's done I stand from my chair and hurry to the bathroom, I don't any anyone to see me like this. Especially not on my wedding day.

My hands shake as I sit on the closed toilet seat. My body shakes harder as I think about how Peeta can't come to help me. I take a few deep breaths. "Katniss!" Someone yells through the door.

I can't do this. I can't get married, I can't put Peeta through the pain of getting hurt by me again. I'm damaged good, I'm not worth it.

A softer knock comes. "Katniss..."

Almost instantly I unlock the door and fall back onto a pile on the floor. "Oh Katniss." I hear him whisper before taking me into his arms. "What's wrong?"

I sob into his chest, holding him tight. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." I sob.

"Why?" He asks.

"I can't let you get hurt again. I can't marry you. You'll be in more danger then you already are." I say quietly.

"Katniss, I'm in too deep to stop loving you now." He whispers into my hair. "I love you so much, I don't care if it's dangerous. I will always be here to protect you."

We sit in silence for a while. "I guess we have bad luck now." He chuckles.

"Why?"

"A groom isn't supposed to see his bride all day until the actual wedding, if they do then the couple has bad luck and is doomed." He chuckles softly. "But you and I have always been doomed, haven't we.?"

"Yeah." I look up at him and kiss him quickly, I pull away. It just seemed right, like I needed to kiss him.

"Well Katniss, you already look beautiful. How about we go get ready and get married?" I chuckle at his casualness.

"Yeah." He helps me stand, then I wrap my arms around his torso. He holds me there for a while, when both our hearts are slowed, he pulls back and kisses me slowly.

"Let's go get married."

Hey guys, so quickly go read mockingjaybaby's new Everlark story it's already really good!

Also, go read LaurenRoss173's stories 'Hijacked' and 'If Katniss Didn't Volunteer'. She is in the process of rewriting the second one to make it better for all of you!

Thanks for the overwhelming support, it means so much. Love you all.

This is also a just a little update to tell you all that I am planning to end this story at chapter 100. I am not sure yet it I want to make a sequel I am not sure it you all will read it.

So I've also been wondering why I haven't been getting the same amount of reads and votes? Usually when I have a chapter up, within twelve hours everyone has read it & voted on it already.

So basically what i'm asking is if you guys would rather my randomly update or if you would like me post on a schedule. Like everyday at noon or something. Let me know in comments below! And don't forget to vote if you enjoyed!