Fire in her Chest.

When I wake my hands are cuffed to the metal poles of my uncomfortable bed. I move them slightly and find large bloody cuts where the cuffs are digging in. The room around me is brick, red bricks with dirt in the cracks. My bed is a thing mattress, with one small pillow and a thing tan blanket at my feet. I can feel the steel bars underneath my body that hold up the bed.

Three of the walls are brick, with the other one being made of metal bars. Prison.

I'm in prison.

The only words that ring through my mind, as I lay on the bed. I sit up too quick and hit my head on the empty top bunk. I make a hissing sound before leaning my head down to rub it. "The girls awake sir!" A large man yells to someone else in the prison compound. "Hugh!" He yells. "Come get her!"

A man who I'm guessing is Hugh, enters my cell. He undoes my cuffs freeing me for half a second before doing them again. He pulls me up and leads me into a room called the torture room. "What are you doing?" I ask frantically.

"By orders of President Violet Coin." He says sadly before stripping me of my shirt and bra.

"What are you-"

"Keep quiet, don't speak, and this will go a lot faster." He says. He turns on a camera and points to it. "Say hello, your on national television." He grins. I try my best to cover myself, but it doesn't matter because he pushes me onto the bed and straps me face down. What's happening?

"Please don't hurt me-" I squeak. "I have a child, and a fiancée..." I whisper.

"I won't kill you, just doing my job." I hear him take something from a cabinet. The pain hits me all at once as the whip cracks down on my back. The pain comes again, and again, and again as I remind myself Peeta is watching. I don't want him to think I'm dying although he probably already thinks I am.

My screams stops and turns in to continuous crying. Finally it stops, I'm forced to wear a thin white shirt, it'll show off my blood. They walk me back to my room and throw me in it there's a tv in it now. It plays static, like most of the tv's did back in the war. They were open signals in case the rebels needed to make an announcement.

I close my eyes as I lay on my stomach, laying on my back would be too much to bear. I slowly drift off, the pain being the only thing etched in my mind.

I wake when Hugh's stomping his way into my room. "Another round miss, let's go." He says, each time he speaks I see the sadness in his eyes.

He leads me to the room and pins me back down, the camera is turned on. This time I am pinned down more, my hand and palm are down tight. "I can't do this..." He whispers.

"You'll loose your job, or they'll kill you." I reply not thinking. Why am I trying to help him? He's been beating me senseless. "Just do it." I press.

He finds a knife kit and finds a vial of bright green liquid. He laces the knife with the stuff and cuts my fingertips. I scream in pain, I can feel the pain in my fingers. The liquid courses through my veins and he laces the knife with more before cutting the rest of my fingers. I won't be able to take a month of this, I'll be dead in a week.

When will Peeta arrive? Will he come! Do I want him to come?

He stands me up and throws me into my cell and the tv is on. They show me videos of Peeta and I. The first one was in the first games, when him and the careers chased me up the tree. Except this time, he climbs the tree and cuts my legs with a large sword.

That never happened? Why would they show me this? The next videos are of him hurting me again, him just being rude. These clips are altered, they are glossy. You can tell their edited. Their trying to make me hate him, they want me to kill him. Tears begin to fall as I think about them taking over my mind. I think about them making me kill my lover.

"Peeta...." I whimper as my sobs continue.

High appears and opens my door. "You have a visitor Everdeen." He informs me.

I nod, stand and he handcuffs me. They lead me into a large room, for visitors. Peeta is the only one there.

Hugh shuts the door behind me as soon as my eyes lock on Peeta I start to sob. "Im so sorry." I whimper like I did when Rue died.

He runs to me pulling me to his chest. "Hey, it's okay Katniss. Shh, shh."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I continue to repeat. "Did you see me on tv?" I whimper.

"Yeah, I did." He pulls back his eyes looking at me filled with pain. "I'm so sorry Katniss, I never should have let you go."

I pull his face to look at me. "Hey, your okay id be dead if I hasn't gone. It's only one month." I whisper. He lets out a breathy chuckle, almost as if he's scared to laugh.

"Are you serious?"

"What?" I ask.

"Your acting like one more month is just something small. You have one more month of torture, televised torture I might add." He says quickly.

"I know, but I'll remember what I have at home and it'll give me hope. Then I'll make sure to live for both of you." I mumble into his chest.

I look to the clock, we still have another hour together. "Where is rye?" I ask.

"I dropped him with Gale and Cressida while we were gone, that we're glad to take him." I nod and bring his lips to mine. It's all I've been craving for the past few days, yet it doesn't feel the same. He can feel my uncomfortableness and pulls back. "Are you okay?" He asks.

"Peeta, I don't- I don't know what their trying to do to me. But they've been giving me tracker jacker venom, and then they show me these video clips of you hurting me. Or killing me in the games. I don't- I just I know which ones are real or not, but it's all getting confusing."

He looks at me. "Their training me to Kill you Peeta." I whisper.

"Their what?" He asks. Our feet have been glued to the same spot since I first came in.

"I overheard Hugh talking with someone, it's called hijacking. It's when they give me tracker jacker venom and make me think your e-evil and make me hate you. Like what they did with Finnick."'I stutter through the words. "But i could never hate you."  I finally conclude.

"Katniss, I don't know what to do! This is so strange." He whispers.

"I know, but I need you to know that if it does take over my mind. Please don't ever take anything I say seriously, you know I love you." I whisper inclining our foreheads. "You know that right?"

"Yeah." He nods. "Just promise me you'll never forget what we have?" He whispers and I nod.

"I'd  to be dead for that to happen, and maybe not even then." I whisper. Finally our lips connect and that's when the fire returns back in my chest.