Davy Crockett X Reader

It's around 2 in the morning and I'm bored, so here is another X Reader. This time with Davy Crockett

I looked at Davy as he aimed his gun at a swan.

"You see, swans aren't the only thing I kill. You've probably heard the rumor saying that I can kill a bear with my bare hands. Ha. Not meaning to brag or anything, but they're true. I can also sense if someone or something is behind me, I literally have all the protection I need."

I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I'm around Davy, he always seems to brag more than he usualy does.

Who is he trying to impress? Me?

As I heard from Bowie, Crockett likes me.

Haha. Yes. I'm pretty sure Mr.Bragger over here has interest in a girl who can't even shoot a gun without screaming and dropping it in fright.

It'd be a miracle if Crockett were to actually like me...

I've been crushing on him ever since the 5th day of the battle.

I loved how he acted tough on the battlefield, reminding me that he had my back, and he shot each and every one of the Mexican soldiers.

How great it'd be to find out that Bowie, the man who lies about everything, wasn't lying about Crockett liking me.

I suddenly snapped back to reality, daydreaming had always been a problem to me...

I then realized Crockett had vanished from my sight.

"Crockett!?" I yelled with worry in my voice.

I calmed down when I saw his footprints on the dirt, leading to a pond.

When I got to the pond, the sunset had a beautiful reflection on the water.

"Wow..." I whispered to myself.

"Wow indeed."

I turned my head to see Crockett standing by a tree.

He went over to me and wrapped his arm around my waist.

With his free arm, he pointed at two swans with their beaks pressed together and their heads slightly lowered, forming a heart shape.

"Isn't that just romantic?" He whispered in my ear, giving me goosebumps.

"Please...please don't kill them like you always do..." I stammered.

He laughed.

Because he was taller than me, he grabbed me by my waist and lifted me up to where his lips were directly facing mine.

I took it as a chance and leaned in to kiss him.

Crockett laughed silently. "What are you doing, (Y/N)?"

I felt really embarrassed.

"Well..you were...I mean I was going to....sorry..."

He gave me a smile that made my heart melt.

"But (Y/N), we can't copy the swans."

He sat me on his shoulders and faced me towards the sunset.

Crockett lifted his head to me, and I lowered my head, this time I actually did kiss him.

After a while, he let go of the kiss, him seeing my now red face.

Davy Crockett laughs. "And you wanted to kiss me like the swans?"

"Shut up," I said with a playful smile.

And we stayed like that til the sun fully set.