TomTato 4

Knock knock knock

The door was opened by a skinny girl in black rectangular framed glasses. That girl was Olive, Marigold's best friend. Well, she was her best friend. After Olive cussed at a 4 year old for touching her skateboard, Marigold slowly stopped hanging out with her. Olive had her black hair in a messy ponytail and she looked like she had just woken up.

"Another boyfriend? I thought you were dating Leo?" Olive questioned as she pointed at the confused Tom. Marigold turned a light shade of pink and shook her head.

"I was. He got arrested today," Marigold mumbled.

Olive gasped and pointed her arm inside her house, motioning them to come in. "Well it's about time something interesting happens in your life."

Olive sat on the couch and rested her feet on the coffee table. She had no manners yet she expected everyone to have manners. If anyone walked with shoes on her carpet, she would literally kick them out. However, she didn't seem to mind when it was her who was walking with shoes on the carpet.

"So what happened?" Olive asked.

"I might've stolen his wallet. He probably found out and came after me," Marigold admitted.

She was sitting on the other couch next to Tom. Tom just wanted to go back to Marigold's house and get the french fry back. Tato was very impatient, and Tom knew that if he kept him waiting, things could go bad.

"I knew you were in it for the money!" Olive yelled. She gave herself a pat on the back then said, "If that isn't your boyfriend, then who is he?"

"Would you belive me if I told you he randomly appeared in my kitchen?"

"Not at all."

Marigold scratched Tom's arm to get his attention. His head jerked up and he saw Olive crossing her arms impatiently.

"Tom! My name is Tom!" Tom yelled with pain.

"Where are you from, Tom?" Olive asked. She was typically your curious person, so it's not unusual for her to ask a stranger so many questions.

"Britain," Tom replied.

Olive jumped up from the couch in surprise. Marigold just rolled her eyes at Olive.

"If you're from Britain, then why do you sound American?" Olive asked.

"Oh my god, Olive. You don't ask people why they sound American!" Marigold scolded.

Tom replied, "I was transported- er I moved here from Britain when I was only two years old."

"Well that makes sense," Olive whispered to herself.

Marigold placed her hand on Olive's shoulder and sighed, not sure of how she would react.
"So, Tom and I are going to Florida tomorrow and we were wondering if we could stay the night at your place?"

"Florida is thirty minutes away."
"Not on foot."

Olive yelled, "You guys are just gonna sleep, wake up, and leave? Boring! Let's go to that new bar down the street!"

Olive broke and or disobeyed many rules. This was another reason Marigold stopped hanging out with her. Once when they were only 12 years old, Olive climbed inside a skunk's cage at a zoo and forced Marigold to take a picture of her holding the skunk by its tail. Unfortunately, the zoo keeper saw them and they had to write the names of all the animals in the zoo two hundred times. Of course, there's more reasons Marigold stopped hanging out with Olive, but by the time the list is done they'd probably be dead.