Insanity (2)

2- Ruby's in charge

Ruby~

"Lock down. Lock down. This is not a drill."

The teacher had put me in charge while she went to the printer room to get more copies of our homework. Her exact words were, "You're in charge while I'm gone."
Unfortunately, the principal announced a lock down, which was apparently not a drill, while the teacher was gone. Of course, we didn't just sit down and do nothing. We locked the door, closed the curtains, and turned off the lights.

I held the flashlight under my chin and smirked at X-Ray, who was having some trouble making eye contact with me. We were both underneath a table instead of leaning against the wall with the rest of the students. There are two tables in the class. One's vertical, the other's horizontal. Together, they form a T. X-Ray and I were hiding underneath the horizontal one.

"They say, to this day, the ghost of Kenny D. High still roams the halls," I finished my story and turned off the flashlight. The only reason I was telling X-Ray the story was because I knew he hated ghost stories. I've known him long enough to know that he has a fear of ghosts.

X-Ray stuffed his hand inside his backpack and grabbed a handful of hot cheetos. He opened his mouth and attempted to put all the hot cheetos inside. I've also known him long enough to know that he eats a lot when he's nervous or scared.

"Ariel tells the ghost stories better than you do," X-Ray said with a mouthful of hot cheetos.

Now that he mentioned it, where was Ariel? No wonder it was so quiet. If Ariel were here, she would have yelled at me to shut up even though I have done nothing to her. At least, I don't think I've done anything to her.

"Excuse you!" I shouted, pushed X-Ray to the floor, and took his bag of hot cheetos. "These are mine now," I stated as I pointed at the bag of hot cheetos. X-Ray rolled his eyes and pushed me down as well. The next thing you know, we're wrestling on the floor and the hot cheetos are sprawled all over the dirty floor.

"I'm recording this," Jared said, well shouted. His voice is so loud that you can hear him whisper from two rooms away.

I quickly sat up and brushed the dirt and hot cheeto powder off my skirt. I tried to stand up, but then remembered I was under a table so I hit my head with the table.

"This is still recording," Jared said with a laugh.

"Jared, I swear, you better-"

There were three loud knocks on the door and X-Ray yelled, "It's the ghost of Kenny D. High!"

Ashley looked at Wendy and Destiny and whispered to them, "I'm sacrificing you both to the intruder."

X-Ray looked at me and grabbed the collar of my shirt. "Don't open the door!" He begged.

I shurgged. "I wasn't planning on doing it."

X-Ray let out a sigh of relief.

I snapped my fingers and pointed at Paisley to get her attention. She was leaning against the stack of unwanted chairs while playing Pac-Man on her phone. I could tell because I could hear the music and see the reflection on her glasses. Her head jerked up and her phone played the music when you die playing Pac-Man.

"Go open the door," I commanded.

"No no no!" X-Ray yelled, "Don't, Paisley!" He crawled out of the table and tried stopping Paisley by grabbing her ankle. Paisley groaned and kicked X-Ray's hand off her ankle with her other foot.

She grabbed the key that was thrown on the floor and unlocked the door. When the principal announced the lockdown, Brandon was in charge of locking the door. He's the type of person who hates being told what to do, so after he locked the door, he threw the key on the floor and returned to his corner.