Travis x Gaby

1836....

His face lit up when Bowie called him colonel. Well, not exactly lit up, he still had his usual poker face. But I knew that inside, he was screaming like a fangirl watching her OTP kiss.

"Sir," I say as I walk up to him. He's looking at the cannon in which he used to fire the bomb that didn't explode. "That was amazing." I gave him a warm smile, trying not to sound too serious nor too energetic.

"Thanks," he told me, walking off to his quarter with his slave Joe following behind him.

He has always been like this, ever since he had to leave his son, Charlie. Ever since then, it's been impossible to talk to him.

As I watch him walk away, I pull out a note pad and a pen, flip to a page saying 'gone wrong' which was covered in tally marks, and added one more.

"55... 55 times? That's insane." I mumbled to myself as I stuffed the notepad back into my pocket.

I decided to not bother him, and went with Davy and Jim, who were playing a drinking game.

"Take a sip if you've ever got drunk in front of kids." Davy says and Jim drinks from his bottle.

"Take a sip if you've ever been-"

"Hey guys, just wondering, but does William talk to you guys?" I ask them, feeling no guilt at all for interrupting their game.

"Yeaaaaah," the two men say as they drink from their beers.

Either they were telling the truth, or they were too drunk and had no idea what was going on.

Anyways, I left the two men be drunk and enjoy life, as I went to William's quarter.

I didn't bother knocking, I just wanted to know why he wasn't talking to me.

I entered the room, yelling, "William Barret Travis!!!! I want to know what is going on!!!"

I calmed down when I realized he nor his slave were there.

On his desk, was a paper written in cursive.

I picked it up and read it aloud.

"Dear Gaby, I had a feeling you'd come here, it's something you would do. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but my behavior around you is quiet odd. I've been ignoring you, hardly talking to you, and I feel really guilty. The reason I do this, is because I love you. I don't know how to act around you. I was afraid I'd make a fool of myself if I tried to impress you, so I thought ignoring you would work. Who knew I had already made a fool of myself. I realized my mistake just now, and I feel terrible. Please, if you can forgive me, we'll be just like before, maybe even more. Gaby, I love you. Forgive me for being the idiot I am.
-William Barret Travis"

I smiled as I held the note, all the anger suddenly disappearing and turning into forgiveness.

"I forgive you, William."