Insanity (3)

3- Mrs.Gonzalez

Ariel~

"All students report to your 3rd period class. Your teachers will inform you on everything you need to know. Thank you for understanding. Your principal, Mrs.Ferrel, signing out."

Yesterday had to be one of the most interesting days of my life. We spent the whole day in lock down. X-Ray had to feed the class since we skipped lunch. It's not like we were going to eat the school lunch anyways.

When I came home, my mom didn't stop asking me questions. She searched for cuts through my body and sighed in relief when she saw I was in one piece. Apparently, our school lock down was such a big deal that it got on the news. Now, the whole country knows about yesterday's crazy lockdown. No one is sure what caused it, but I heard the cops are working on cracking the case.

I tilted my phone a little to the right and focused the camera on a shard of broken glass. After I got that shot, I shifted my phone to the left and took a picture of the sink. I stood up from my knelt down position and took a look at the photos. I could've done better. The lighting was terrible and the angle could use some work.

The bell rang and I dropped my phone in fright. Good thing Ruby wasn't here. If she were, she would have teased me about how easily scared I am.

I dropped my phone inside my messenger bag and dragged my bag and myself out the door. The halls were empty. I mean, it's better than the halls being crowded.

I prefer walking to class with my friends, but sometimes I want to skip class and take pictures of the whole world.

I looked to my right and saw Brandon looking at a poster. I slowly approached him and looked over his shoulder.

Top 10 Grades (Freshmen)
98- Ariel Wilson
98- Jeremy Hall
94- Stephanie Wood
94- X-Ray Anderson
91- April Houston
87- Aaron Wilde
85- Jared Castellanos
84- Kyle Castellanos
84- Paisley Burns
81- Ruby Ramirez

"And yet more proof that our class is the best," I said.

Brandon turned around and half smiled when he saw me. He rarely smiled. The only times he smiles is when he's with me or every time Jared falls off his chair.

"How is Miss.First Place feeling?" Brandon asked.

I shrugged and smiled. "Good." I tugged Brandon's wrist, motioning him to follow me. "Let's go to class already! I can't wait to see Jeremy's reaction when I tell him he got a 98!"

I ran to the end of the hall and stopped in front of room 231. I peeked through the window and saw that everyone was already inside. I saw paper planes flying across the room, backpacks scattered on the floor, and no teacher. I knocked on the door three times and laughed to myself when I saw everyone run back to their assigned seats.

Eli stood up and opened the door for me. This was quite stupid since Kyle, who sits the closest to the door, could've gotten up instead of someone who sits at the very back of the class. When Eli opened the door, the first thing I smelled was a mixture of pencil shavings, Windex, and takis. It's one of my favorite odors and I don't know why.

"Oh," Ruby said from her seat, "we thought you were the teacher."

"Well you thought wrong," I muttered under my breath, hoping no one heard me.

Brandon sat down where he always does. He doesn't sit on a chair at a table like the rest of us. Instead, he sits on a chair facing a computer. The teacher gave up with trying to get him to sit with the rest of the kids, so she allowed him to sit in front of the computer. After all, it is computer class.