Insanity (12)

12- The Diary

Stephanie~

"We have a traitor among us!" I shouted when I got inside the classroom. Though I didn't name a specific person, my eyes focused on Brandon.

"What are you looking at me for?!" Brandon shouted back.

"Don't try to act stupid," I said as I walked up to him. "You were the one who was holding me back!"

"So?" Brandon asked, his eyes not leaving mine. I knew he was trying to be intimidating, but it wasn't working on me.

"So, you were so mad that I didn't listen to you that you took my phone and sent Scott that picture."

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

I slammed my phone down on the desk, but didn't unlock it. My hands were on my hips as Brandon stared down at my phone.

"You know my password so you might as well unlock it already," I said through clenched teeth.

Brandon stood up from his seat, creating that loud sound when someone scrapes their chair against the floor. "I told you! I don't know what you're talking about!"

I stood up on my chair then on my toes to be taller than him. "You don't know that you snatched my phone from my pocket, texted April, then sent Scott a picture I thought I had deleted?!"

Brandon got out his phone and showed me a picture. "You mean this picture?"

"Yes," I whispered, my face heating up. Not with anger, but with embarrassment. My eyes then shifted from Brandon to Scott.

"Scott?!" I shouted.

He gave me what looked like a nervous smile. "Stephanie I-"

I held up my hand and looked away from him. "I don't want to hear it."

"What did you do with that picture?!" I scolded.

"Nothing!" Scott defended. "I accidentally sent it to an old friend and now everyone has it."

"What is wrong with you?!" I scolded. "How is that nothing?!"

"My finger slipped!"

"You do know I didn't send that picture, right?!"

Scott was lost for words for a few seconds. It was strange seeing him like this because he usually always knows exactly what to say. For those few seconds, I felt powerful. If I could silence someone who never shuts up, who knows what more I can do do.

"Well, it's still a nice picture," Scott admitted.

"Are you serious!?" I yelled.

Since I was too loud, some kids covered their ears. The kids that didn't cover their ears were the kids that recorded me. They were hiding their phones under their backpacks, but I could see very clearly that the camera was pointed at my direction.

"We're over!" I yelled, then made my way back to my seat, which unfortunately, was next to Brandon. We were only sitting next to each other because we're partners for the assignment.

The whole class was quiet. Everyone's head was down, their eyes staring at a book or any object that was on their desk. No one spoke a word. And for some odd reason, I liked it that way. I liked knowing that I caused their silence.

Since I knew Brandon was going to get no work done, I decided to start writing the five page essay for the first day of this pointless assignment. Brandon was never good with dolls. Back in kindergarten, he had a crush on a girl named Monica. Well, he asked her if she wanted to play with him. When she said no, Brandon got mad and broke her barbie's neck. Monica started crying and never looked at Brandon the same way again. She broke his heart, so he broke her barbie. What makes it more awkward is that she goes to this school too.