Rise of the More Advanced Alpacas

It's been two years since the alpaca incident, and ever since, the group that saved North America hasn't spoken a word to each other. That is until one of the saviors, Gaby, sees a blue headless alpaca on the street.

Pt.1 We Meet

Gaby's P.O.V.

Today was the same as yesterday. I hid my identity so I wouldn't get attention from the paparazzi. Head down and hood up is the way I live now. But who am I to blame? I did wish to be more visible, yet not like this. The faces of my group and I are on billboards, the news, literally everywhere. It's been two years and no one has forgotten about it.
In my room, there are no mirrors, I use the reflection of my trophies and medals to see myself. Everyone who doubted me in the past is now suddenly proud of me, and I can't help but hate it.
The worst part about this curse is not what I have gained, but what I have lost.
After we destroyed the alpacas two years ago, my friends and I slowly stopped talking. I wonder if they feel the same way right now.

"Thank you," I tell the man at the check out aisle and walk out the door.
"Hey!" He calls after me.
Here we go again. You see, this is the part where the guy who I thought was fooled by my dull disguise discovers who I am, and everyone runs to me begging for an autograph.
"Are you not going to get your change?"
I nervously laugh, run back to the check out aisle, grab my change, and rush out the door.
I have to admit, he's the one person in the past two years who didn't recognized me. Huh, and I thought I was stupid. Then again, maybe he did recognize me but didn't say anything.
"Young lady," an elderly woman spoke to me, "can you help me cross the street?"
I simply nodded, held her hand with my right hand, and my grocery bag with my left hand.
I looked left and right and saw no cars, so I took the opportunity and crossed the street safely.
Out of the corner of my eye, I was sure I saw something blue cross the street in a blink of an eye. Even the fastest human couldn't compete with speed like that. I knew it couldn't be the alpacas because they're much slower than that. That and we had gotten rid of all the blue headless alpacas.

"Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost?" The elderly woman asked me once we had crossed the street. I rubbed my eyes and nodded. "Yeah." She smiled at me and thanked me, then she walked away.

I pulled out my phone and Googled 'news'. What came up shocked me. I clicked on the most recent video and listened.

"I was outside watering my bushes when suddenly, I felt this very strong wind pass by me. And so I put down my watering pot and said, 'I thought hurricane season was over.' Then I looked at my bushes and saw two lines on them. It-it looked like a crop circle!"

"Oh hell no," I whispered to myself and ran back to the other side of the street. There, I saw the cashier man ripping off his uniform vest. He changed the open sign to a close sign then he yanked off his nametag and threw it on the ground. After a few seconds, he bend over to pick up his name tag, stuffed it in his pocket, and walked away.

Did he even see me?

"Gaby," he calls me and stops walking, his back facing me. "What are you going to do about the current situation?" I froze and I had no words to say. "I...uh-" He stopped my stuttering and said, "You are going to visit your friend Devon."
I walked faster to keep up with him. I was about to ask him how he knew Devon, but then I remembered we're all famous for saving North America.
"I don't know where-"
"I know where everyone lives in this state."
I started to get annoyed at him for interrupting my sentences and talking like he's on a secret mission to destroy the human race.
"And how's that?" I suspiciously ask him.
He said, "Well, you see, I always dreamed of becoming a detective. But life said, 'No! You would make a great cashier!' I figured if I could not get my dream job, I could at least try. Besides, you do not always get what you want."
I wanted to say something, but then I'd be considered rude, and this guy is actually nice.
"To Devon's house we go," I tried to say energetically to make the conversation between me and a wannabe detective who knows where everyone lives less awkward.

Devon's P.O.V.

The past two years have been the best years of my life. I got everything I ever wanted. People obeying me, a tank, money, and a throne. I'd love to see Kristina's face when she sees my tank. I'd get a jar full of her tears while she's busy apologizing for doubting me being a good captain.
"Everyone loves m-"
There was a knock on the door and I sounched on my throne. I hate visitors. The only reason they come is for an autograph, to execute me, or for my money. However, I'm forced to give visitors a hundred dollars. That is so unfair!
"Come in," I groan as the door creaks open. Seriously, someone should fix that. There might be a time where I'd want to escape and not get caught.
A short girl and a tall guy stepped inside my mansion, and I began my speech.
"If you come for my autograph, go to the second room on the third floor and wait in line with the rest. If you come to execute me, go to the backyard and wait in line with the rest. If you come for my money, walk out through the same door you came in and make sure I never see you again."

"Devon," the girl says, pulling down her hood, "I came here to talk to you." The second the girl pulled down her hood, I instantly recognized her. I felt terrible for greeting a girl I haven't seen in two years like trash. I jumped off my throne and ran to hug her.
"Gaby! Oh my god! I thought you were avoiding me because you hate me!" I let go off her and thought for a while. The only person who does hate me is-
"You're here! That means Kristina's here too! Where is she?!"
"Devon I-"
"We'll talk once you bring her to me." I tell her then sit back down on my throne. It turns out Gaby wasn't avoiding me. If she wasn't avoiding me, that means the rest of the group isn't either. Well, probably just Kristina. I want her here. I need to show her my tank. And I need to see how she reacts.
Then I remembered about the guy next to her. "And who are you?" I pointed at the man.
"Like you said, we'll talk when we bring Kristina to you!" Gaby interrupted before the man had a chance to speak. Then she and the man walked out the door.
"Damn it Gaby," I whispered and followed them.
Luckily, they were still there, chatting about something.
"Gaby wait, I'll help you find Kristina, just tell me what you wanted to say." I tell her.
"Actually," the man said, "We, well I, already know where Kristina is. By the way, thank you for giving that corner store millions of dollars. Thanks to you, we have more customers and I am a step closer to leaving that dumpster."
I felt my cheeks heat up as I started to remember how much I freaked out two years ago.
"Devon! You never told me you did that," Gaby yelled in shock.
The only person who knew what I did was Elizabeth, since she was there with me. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms to make it look like I didn't care. "You never told me who you were," I said, glaring at the man.
"Yeah," Gaby stated, nudging the man, "you never told us who you were."
"I am Jake. A detective that works as a cashier," Jake plainly replied. I couldn't help but feel as if he said the last part with disappointment.
I held out my hand so he could shake it.
"I'm Devon. A boy who owns a tank."
"You have a tank!?" Gaby yelled.
"Yeah, in my backyard. Who doesn't?" I asked.
"Normal people!" Gaby argued.

3rd person P.O.V.

And so, Gaby, Devon, and their new friend, Jake, went to find Kristina. Will Gaby tell Devon about the alpacas, or will she have to wait until after they find Kristina?