C h a p t e r 3 1

I grab my microphone and sit on the edge of the stage.

"Ok so, for this next song, I'm going to do something a little different and turn it into a duet" i say into the microphone and the crowd gets louder. My live band starts to play to introduction to the song and i stand up and place my mic back onto the stand.

"So please, give a warm welcome to my one and only, Camila Cabello" i say, smiling as i watch her walk on stage.

----

After the show, i run off and take my earpiece out.

"We should duet a lot more" i say into Camila's ear.

"I agree" she chuckled.

She wrapped her arms around me and smiled as our eyes locked.

"Dinah is here by the way" Camila said softly.

"She is?"

"Yup"

"Did she watch the show?" I asked Camila. She nods slightly. "Yeah i think so?"

I hold her hand and walk her to my dressing room. I change clothes and then go to the lounge where my guests that came to the show  are.

"Y/N my friend" Dinah shouted and jumped on me.

"Its been like, a month"

"Too long" Dinah smiles.

Camila hugged Dinah and chatted to her while i talked to others,  i enjoyed catching up with people I haven't seen in so long.

"Uh y/n, can i have a word?" My tour manager asked, poking his head through the door.

"Sure" i smiled, excusing myself from the people i was talking too. I walked out of the lounge and my tour manager looked uneasy, almost sad.

"Is everything ok?" I ask.

"You might want to call your mom" he said. I looked at him with an unsure expression on my face.

"Uh..ok?" I nodded. He walked away and i grabbed my phone. I called my mom and hoped she answer quickly, thankfully she did.

"I just got told i should call you is everything ok?" I say.

She stayed silent. "Mom?"

"Its grandma"

I felt my heart stop for a second.

"Is she..ok?" I asked.

"She wasn't strong enough to-"

"Oh god" i interrupt, i fell back against the wall and slowly slid down. I sat on the floor with my phone still against my ear.

"I..i just can't believe shes gone" i whisper, a tear was now rolling down my cheek.

"Its hard i know, her funeral is in 3 days, you can carry on tour if you want. You don't need to attend-"

"Mom, i'll be on the next plane home" i say shakily.

"Ok, feel free to stay with us. Stay strong alright?"

"I can only try".

I hang up and throw my phone against the opposite wall. I put my head in my hands and break down. Why my grandma? Why the innocent people? The ones that mean the most.

"Y/N...what's wrong?" I hear Camila whisper. She crouches down in front of me and lifts my head up.

"Babe, talk to me" she said, looking at me with sad eyes. More tears just flooded out of my eyes.