C h a p t e r 4 0

I was up early. Im not sure, but i think its because i have so much on my mind right now. I sat in the living room with the tv on, the volume was down low so I wasn't waking anyone up. I thought about that kiss. Obviously i still love her and there is a chance that she still loves me too but i don't want anymore secrets and lies. Cara launched herself on the sofa, i jumped and was pulled out of my thoughts.

"Why'd you do that?" I yell before hitting her with a cushion.

She laughed and grabbed it from me.

"Were you looking through this last night?" She asked, picking the photo album up from beside her. I nodded and she smiled, then opened it herself.

"Does Camila know you still own something like this?" She asked as she flicked through the pages.

"It belongs to her"

"It does?" She asked, sounding surprised.

"Yep. We looked through it together" i informed. Cara looked at me immediately.

"Oh i bet that was hard" she chuckled. I shrugged and rested my chin on her shoulder.

"Whats up with you?" She asked.

"Do you and Lauren argue a lot?" I asked. She laughed silently and nodded.

"We argue so much over silly things. We hate each other for ages then end up laughing about something later on. Its just part of being in a relationship" she explains.

"Camila and I argued about everything" i sigh.

"Oh i know" she laughed.

"Everyone argues y/n. But you two were so in love, yeah the relationship might have ended but you still have a close friendship with her and i think thats a good thing" she smiled.

"I kissed her"

"When?"

"Last night" i admitted.

I don't think Cara had any idea what to say. She just looked into my eyes with a mixed expression on her face.

"Y/n, shes engaged" she whispered.

"Oh come on Cara. You think she's still going to marry him after all shes been through?"

"You think shes going to take you back?" She fired back.

"I didn't say that. Thats whats so complicated right now, i just have so many questions spinning around in my head" i say, Cara wraps her arm around my shoulders.

"Look, i know that sounded harsh but you have to be prepared for the worst sometimes. Tell me, has she been giving you mixed signals?" She asked.

I nodded. "I knew coming here was a really bad idea" i sighed.

"Maybe you need to sit down and talk to her" Cara suggested, i nodded. She is right, but i don't want it to be awkward. Im not good at controlling awkward situations.

"Did she kiss back?" She asked.

"Cara, it was literally one second long"

"D'you think if it was longer, she'd kiss back?" She asked.

I shrugged. I can't tell.

She ruffled my hair and stood up.

"Well, I'm going to get breakfast for us all. Wake the others" Cara said, wow, she knows how to make me smile. Food.