Miles - 10

Pretend your English or you live/moved to London for this one.

Your POV

Why is it so far? London to LA.
5,437 miles. Across 8 time zones. One gigantic sea and the entirety of the US in the way.
And whilst I lived here in grey old England, my boyfriend, Mark, was basking in the rays of light in sunny LA. 

We had met when I was on holiday in California. He sort of fell onto me. He was rolling down the hill in his Heelys when a stick, of all things, got in his way and he fell forward taking out everything in his path, which happened to just be me. It was amusing to say the least. I mean, he was a grown man wearing Heelys for starters. That's funny in itself.
While apologising for around 10 minutes Mark asked if he could take me out for dinner.

We have been going out for 3 years now. But long distance was a problem. Not much actual interaction, time zones make it hard to talk regularly and it's to much money to see each other on a regular basis. But we knew what we were getting ourself a into when we agreed this.

I lead in bed with him snuggled sleeping next to me. One of the few occasions where we were actually together and I treasured it like pixie dust. Kissing his cheek, jawline and neck, leaving no trace, Marks eyes opened slowly and a smile crept onto his face. Placing my head back on the pillow next to him, we faced one another looking each other dead in the eye. A million convocations were had in that connection but no words were spoken. Mark shuffled towards me placing his soft lips onto mine in a sweet kiss.
He pulled away and looked at me again. Both of us smiling. "I don't want to leave you." He wined, the smile that was on his face seeming to falter.
I looked down at the pillow at back at him. "I don't want you to go either." I admitted.
Mark held me in his arms with his head resting on top of mine which lead against his chest that rose and fell to the pattern of his breathing. "Come back with me then." Mark suggested.
I looked up at him in surprise. "What? Are you being serious?" I asked partly exited but mostly unsure as to if he actually meant it or not.
He nodded. "Yer. I just want to be with you (Y/N). I want to be able to hold you in my arms whatever time of day. I want to wake up next to you. I want to kiss you. I want to keep you warm on a cold winter. I want to take you to new places. I want to hear your laugh not just through a computer. I want to be able to comfort you when your sad or make you giggle. I want to tell you your beautiful without it taking 5 minutes to send. I just want to be with you." He confessed, bringing a small tear to my eye.
"Mark, I don't have that type of money. And what about work?" I asked looking at the practical side of things, not letting the 4am drowsiness cloud my thoughts.
He just smiled at me. "There are loads of jobs in LA. Plus, you could easily work from home. I mean we do. I'll help with money. You can live with me! That's if you want to?" He trailed off.

I thought for a second and nodded. "Okay then." I smiled.
Mark looked into my eyes and the biggest smile on flowed across his face. "Oh my god this is gonna be amazing." He smiled like a kid at Christmas. "I love you so much (Y/N)." Mark said kissing me intensely.
I giggled at him when we pulled away. "I love you too you dork."

Finally the miles won't keep us apart.

-

This is a thing. That's all I have to say. -A