First Dance - 39

Mark wasn't all that into music, so when planning your wedding he left the first dance song up to you. A bad, yet oddly satisfying decision. You looked for hours at different songs. Making lists of your favourites and whittling it down until there was just one song left on the page.

It got to the big day. The day you could finally eat that big ass cake you had been looking forward to for almost 5 months now. Oh and you were also marrying the love of your life, Mark to. The day had been magical. The service was beautiful and Mark looked devilishly hansom in his pristine black suit. You looked mesmerising in Marks words, wearing your long white dress and your hair up in a pretty platted bun. After, you had got to the hotel you were having the reception at and welcomed everybody. You then sat at the long table next to your, now, husband Mark. You couldn't be happier.

Half way through the evening Wade and Jack stood up at the table next to Mark. He couldn't decide who to be his best man so he picked both of them, a role which they both gladly took together. Jack knocked the side of the tall champaign glass with the end of his fork to get everyone's attention. The room fell onto a soft murmur and everyone looked at the two men standing up looking awfully proud of them selfs, wearing their dark blue suits. "So everybody. I think I will start off by thank you all for coming. We have finally got Mark off our hands and he can now complain to someone else for a change. Sorry (Y/N), we love you." Jack started.
Wade continued the speech. "I have known Mark for a number of years now. We went to middle school together so I have known this guy a long time! I have seen all the shit, crazy and weird but I think this is the weirdest. Mark has actually found someone that will put up with his loudness and as Jack said constant complaining. Mark you are not the best at mole hammers, stop complaining." Everyone chuckled.
Mark fake scowled at him. "Shut up Wade!" He laughed.
Wade laughed back at his best friend. "But seriously though. (Y/N), you have actually made him the happiest I have ever seen him."
"Happier then at pax when I proposed to him. Which is tough to beat because let's face it, who wouldn't be ecstatic if I proposed to them?" Jack interjected, which pressed the room to begging laughing again. "I haven't known Mark that long. But I do know that when you came along (Y/N) he was genuinely happy. I thought he was happy when he played games and joked around but you really made this grumpy sod smile more." Jack finished.
Wade laughed at Jacks section and he continued. "Now I have been with this guy through some stuff. The time we went to a gay bar, the time we went to those weird clubs and just sat in the corner drinking because we are all alone and to nerdy to go and talk to anyone. The time you almost died. They wouldn't let me put and end to you unfortunately. And the time you wore a dress, which I'm sorry to tell you (Y/N), he looked much better than you do. He was fabulous." He threw his hands in the air as Jack shouted "bitch I'm fabulous". You laughed so hard at this remembering when he posted pictures of this.
"But what we are both trying to say is that you two are meant for each other and are so cute and I totally shipped it from the beginning. I wish you well in life and have a great evening you two and everyone else." Jack raised his glass and everyone copied.
The two men sat down laughing and you joined them.

After numerous encounters with the cake stand it was time for the first dance. You hadn't told Mark what the song was and he wanted it to be a surprise. As the dj man came up to the microphone everybody quietened down a little. "Okay, I think now is time for the bride and groom to have their first dance. The floor is yours." He announced moving over to his table. You got up and dragged Mark across the room to the dance floor. This was the scariest moment of the day for you. You were slightly worried Mark wouldn't approve of your song choice but there was no going back now.

When you got to the floor you faced Mark smiling at him. "So what did you pick?" He asked and as if on queue, the song began to play. The drums beat slowly and rhythmically and the guitar began to play in a steady tune.
Mark rolled his eyes and smiled as he realised what he song was. You played it all the time. In fact it was one of your favour are bands. Follow You by Bring Me The Horizon. (Sorry if you don't like BMTH but this is a really good song)

'My head is haunting me and my heart feels like a ghost
I need to feel something, cause I'm still so far from home
Cross your heart and hope to die
Promise me you'll never leave my side'

Oli Sykes sung as you swayed and Mark chuckled holding your hands.

'Show me what I can't see when the spark in my eyes is gone
You got me on my knees, I'm your one man cult
Cross my heart and hope to die
Promise you I'll never leave your side

Cause I'm telling you, you're all I need
I promise you you're all I see
Cause I'm telling you, you're all I need
I'll never leave'

You mimed along with the words as the music began the build up a little bit.

'So you can drag me through Hell
If it meant I could hold your hand
I will follow you cause I'm under your spell
And you can throw me to the flames
I will follow you, I will follow you

Come sink into me and let me breathe you in
I'll be your gravity, you be my oxygen
So dig two graves cause when you die
I swear I'll be leaving by your side'

Mark started getting into the music and doing weird actions like no one was watching but you. You joined him, making compleat fools of yourself a bit loving every minute.

'So you can drag me through Hell
If it meant I could hold your hand
I will follow you cause I'm under your spell
And you can throw me to the flames
I will follow you
So you can drag me through Hell
If it meant I could hold your hand
I will follow you cause I'm under your spell
And you can throw me to the flames

I will follow you, I will follow you
I will follow you, I will follow you'

The song finished and you hugged Mark as he kissed your head. "I love you. So much." He murmured into my hair. "Good choice. I liked it." He laughed.
You looked into his eyes. "At least I didn't pick one from Suicide Season. That could have been interesting." I giggled refuting to Bring Me The Horizons older and heavier album. (Good album. I recommend it) Mark laughed and nodded back in agreement.

The song flipped to more popular songs that people knew and everyone began dancing. "Mark I'm stealing your girl. She's got moves and I'm not dancing with Wade again." Jack stated, taking your hand and he began dancing weirder than Mark. He had a lot to drink so that probably played a part in why he was so agilely prancing be around the floor.
When the song ended he bought you back to Mark hugging you tight and walking back to where he was sat to talk to Bob.

This was the best day. But the night still wasn't over yet as Mark pressed his lips to yours.

-

To be completely honest the only weddings I have ever been to are ones when I was really little so I don't remember what happens because I was like 5 when I last went to one.
The video at the top is of Oli and Hannahs wedding. This is how you danced in this. -A