I don't quite feel like myself... - 16

"Why was he here?"
"I don't know Mark. Why are you asking me?"
"He shouldn't have been here! He should never be here!" He screamed, his words hitting every surface in the house.
You inch closer to him. "Mark. Please calm down. It will just provoke it." You spoke softly.
A tear ran down his face as his anger began to subside slightly. "Why can't he just leave me alone. I don't want him to come anywhere near me." He broke down.
Falling to the wooden floor, you caught him, softening the landing a tad. As the tears fell from his eyes faster, he leant his head on your chest and you wrapped your arms around his shoulders. "Shh. It's okay. You can do this. He won't bother you if you don't think about him." You told him rubbing his back.

Mark pulled away and looked into your eyes. "Do you like him? Does he... scare you?" You knew what Mark was doing. He needed to know if you were scared. If he was putting you in danger.
If truth be told, you were sometimes freaked out, but other times he only gave you the shivers. But when he didn't scare you, you knew that Mark would be back soon. There were moments though; moments where you were unsure if Mark would ever return. And wondered if that man would ever leave.
"No. He doesn't." You reassured him, trying to sound as convincing as possible.
Mark was unsure of your answer but took it to reassure himself. "I'm worried (Y/N). What if he comes back and never leaves." He feared.
You looked into his sparking eyes. "That's not going to happen. I won't let that happen. As long as it's what you want-"
"I never want him anywhere near me again. Ever!" Mark cried. You nodded.
"Just tell him to go away" Mark spoke like a scared child.
Holding him close to you he hugged you for comfort. "I will. I'll see what I can do. Let's go to bed. Try and get some rest, clear your head." You suggested.
Mark nodded childishly as you helped him up and you both made your way up the stairs to your room. You both got into bed, cuddling up to each other and drifting into a dreamless sleep.

-

Your eyes slowly drift open in the greyness of your room. Mark was no longer snuggled up next to you. You shot up in bed and looked over to the window where a figure was standing. He turned around and looked into his mat black eyes. The blood drained from your face, leaving you feeling cold as a chill came over you. You kept your breathing even remembering the many times before.
Head tilted forward and a smirk growing on his face, he walked forward towards the bed. "Hellooo (Y/N)." He spoke slowly.
You swallowed the lump in your throat and spoke clearly. "I didn't think I would see you again so soon."
He laughed. "Oh darling. I'm always here. Mark just doesn't know that." He stretched out his words sounding more sinister by the second.
You looked at the confident way he stood, the playfulness in his face accompanied by the dead eyes that lost all beauty and were replaced with a lustful devilish dark black that covered the entirety of his eyes.

Climbing on top of you, he moved his face inches away from yours and spoke softly. "So, have you nodded my baby?" He asked.
Chills ran down your spine. You said nothing. "Come on. Talk to me. I thought we were okay. I told Mark I wouldn't hurt you." He seductively edged.
You looked away and climbed out of bed knowing exactly what to do. "Are you walking away from me? Really? I don't think that's a very wise choice my darling." He warned. "I think you should come back here right now and I won't do anything... Bad."
You knew he was lying he always lied.

He scared you but you knew most things he said were just made up to scare you. But out of everything that could have kept you up at night, the story's he told you were the the most restless. While Mark slept, you would hide under the covers worried something would get you, knowing fully well there was nothing there and it was all made up. It was just the way he said it. It was so convincing. It made you believe it.

You proceeds to walk out, determined to get rid of him. "Oh we are playing this game are we. Well. Lucky for you I love games. I wouldn't turn around though if I were you. It's just the darkness is a scary place." He taunted.
You tried to shut him out, walking into the hall and flicking the light switch. Nothing. What? That wasn't right. This was weird. You kept walking in the grey surroundings down the stairs.
"The man the follows in the shadows is only seen when you turn around. You might brush it off as your shadow. But no. He's coming. The darkness makes noises what jolt you awake at night but don't look. He's coming (Y/N). Don't turn around." He warned. You could hear the smirk on his face. His smug little grin he held.
You walked quicker through the house. "Don't turn around. He's coming. He'll steal you away in the night. When your lead there feeling safe, he'll take you. Don't turn around." He almost shouted.
Running to the kitchen, you open the cabinet, take out a pot, hit the light switch, spit around slapping him hard, disorienting him allowing you to shove the pill into his mouth. Unaware, he swallowed it.
He looked into your eyes clarity beginning to brake through. "Before you leave" You scowl, "don't you dare come back. No one wants you here. No one needs you here." You spat.
Nothing else was said as he fell to the floor.
Drifting into a deep sleep, you atempted to take him to the sofa, realising you could only get him onto the rug so you left him there and lay yourself on the sofa, forcing yourself to sleep.

When you woke up Mark was sat on the arm of the sofa. "He- he came back. Didn't he?" He asked disheartened.
You nodded. "But I told him to leave you alone. I tried anyway." You looked down at your hands.
Mars slid off the edge and onto the sofa, taking your hands in his. "(Y/N), you have done more than I could ever ask you to. I'm so sorry you are put through this." He apologised.
"I used the stronger medication." You looked ashamed. "I know you said not to and that it was weird but I was scared and-"
Mark shushed you. "Stop being sorry. It's fine. I'm fine. I'm going to take the stronger stuff. If it actually works, I would prefer to go a little drowsy then have Dark come back."
You looked at him quizzically "Dark? I thought he was going to stay nameless."
He shrugged. "If he's gone then it doesn't matter anymore and plus it kind of rhymes. Markiplier, Darkiplier. Their similar."
You shake your head smiling. "Thank you (Y/N). For everything."

-

I was kind of worried about doing this one but I had nothing else so here it is.
(Also, as I am writing this, it's currently 11:15pm and Mark just opened his DM's. He's gonna regret that. Update: 11:19pm, he regrets it already.) -A