58- It ends in flames

Dan keeps himself together as he and Charlie make their way to the outside of the front of the house, his eyes pushing back the tears that are trying to force their way through, the tears that want to show his weakness.

He won't be weak in front of Charlie.

And no matter what he saw back in the bedroom, he won't accuse Phil of something he didn't do. He knows it was a friendly kiss, he knows he didn't mean bad by it. He just didn't like it, that's all. Who can blame him really, it's to doubt that anyone would appreciate their significant other getting a bit too close with an ex.

Never the less, that isn't what Dan wants to talk about.

As he sits on the edge of his garden, on his wall, he tries to calm down, the fear of being alone with Charlie taking over. He knows deep down that Charlie won't hurt him and that's because of Phil.

Anyone who isn't blind can tell that Charlie likes -maybe even loves Phil- which is a good and bad thing.

It's good, because Charlie won't do anything to upset Phil if he can help it. It's bad, because someone else besides Dan, loves Phil. It's even worse that that someone, is Charlie.

Speak of the devil, Charlie doesn't sit at first and simply stands, leaning against the wall and awaiting for Dan to begin the conversation. He very much doubts it's going to be a civil conversation, but he'll try and make it as easy as possible for both him and Dan.

Sure enough, Dan finds the courage to speak, even if his voice is less confident than it was in the house.

"I can never forgive you. You do understand that, right?" Dan say's quietly, only slightly glancing over.

Charlie nods. He has much to say, but will stay quiet for now.

"But, God knows for whatever reason, Phil has decided to trust you and forgive you." Dan's voice cracks, yet he continues. "And because of your new found friendship with him, it's not fair for me to come in between that friendship."

"You don't have to do anything that makes you unhappy. I can leave. I can turn away and never see you both again." Charlie speaks up, pointing down the road and signifying the way he would go if he was to leave.

This only makes Dan laugh darkly. "Well haven't you had a change of heart? Why the hell didn't you fuck off years ago when I continuously told you to then?!" He snaps, glaring coldly up at a man, who he doesn't even consider a man. He can only ever see Charlie as a monster. He almost wishes Phil saw the same.

Charlie ducks his head guiltily, then glancing towards the house. "Because I didn't have Phil then."

Suddenly, Dan gets up and grabs Charlie by the throat, not caring if he hurts him. He can't help but smirk at how Charlie's eyes have widened in fear.

"You don't have Phil. I know how you feel about him and I'm just going to tell you this once, back the fuck off." He sneers, then shoving Charlie away from him before sitting back up on the wall, his hands shaking from the adrenaline. He needs to calm down.

The two stay in silence, Charlie feeling his now sore neck. He watches Dan and wonders how he could've ever hurt him in the past, this is who Dan is, because of him. The fear and anger is all from what Charlie did to him.

It seems now, that Charlie is only just coming to terms with this.

Carefully, Charlie sits up on the wall, making sure there's a significant amount of space between himself and Dan.

Dan notices and appreciates that at least.

His eyes shift over when hearing Charlie sigh, interested in what more he has to say. More lies and fake apologies.