56- cloud shapes

It has been four days since Mary's death and in that time it had felt quieter in the hospital. Not just the ward, but the whole hospital seemed to have sifted to a silent whisper. It's as if the building- or even the world itself was paying it's respect to Mary's passing.

Dan focused his time on getting better, distracting his mind from Mary and letting his determination to get better win over the sadness that had swept through him. Phil had stayed the whole time and didn't go home for even an hour, the boy trusted that if Charlie was still at the house, he would be looking after the stray cat, but Phil left a lot of food out for it anyway.

The intensity of their relationship has simmered, which made the air less tense around them, but Phil knows Dan hasn't fully forgiven him.

Although, Phil still hasn't forgiven Dan for all that stuff with PJ before the accident, so both of them are equally a bit sour right now.

At the moment, Dan is reading a book and relaxing after a few hours of physical training. He can walk now without needing help and is now doing some training everyday for a few hours, just to build up his muscles again. It feels refreshing to be able to move to his own accord, his mood lifting as his strength regains quicker by each passing second.

His eyes skim over the words on the page of the book, his lips dry and cracked from the neglect of his tongue, himself being too involved in the story to care about the real world.

He finds himself relating to one of the characters, typically, it's the misunderstood one.

But his eyes are drawn away as a very shirtless Phil is making his way through the ward, the other patients not even giving a damn. It is a hospital however and someone being naked is never really a rare sight.

Dan clears his throat as the sun glistens off Phil's slightly wet chest, the patches of chest hair being a cause of arousal and envy for him.

Phil has been borrowing the hospitals showers for the last four days, the nurses not seeming to care and of course, Dan isn't exactly going to complain.

Their eyes meet and Phil smiles as he approaches the edge of the bed, leaning over to grab his shirt from the railings.

Dan's eyes watch him intensely, the boy shuffling in his spot for a few seconds, urges returning. He's noticed that since he's gotten better, he's been... Sexually deprived. Each day it's getting more and more frustrating and Phil himself has also noticed it. The way Dan will kiss with more hunger and slip his hand under his boxers waistline, letting his fingers wonder further than is hardly decent in a hospital.

And because of this, Phil purposely shakes out his damp hair before sitting on the chair next to Dan's bed.

"Tease." Dan mutters, rolling his eyes back to his book.

Phil simply smirks in triumph, glancing towards Dan and looking at his neck.

Because, naturally, it's not like Phil hasn't also had the same urges.

After a few seconds Dan starts getting restless again, his legs squirming and multiple sighs of annoyance leaving his lips. His book is then thrown to the end of his bed and he groans.

"I just want to leave!" He exclaims, his hands dragging down his face.

Phil smiles with sympathy. "I know you're bored, but the doctor said that you should rest a few more days."

"But I'm fine!"

"I'm not having it be like last time when you came home early and then couldn't breathe. I mean, you weren't even discharged, you escaped!"