6 - The Adrenaline

CHAPTER SIX:
The Adrenaline
_______________________

Kana stays standing in front of Itachi's room. Not being bothered, and kind of unable to move. Too many thoughts are going through her head and standing there silently is the best option she has going for her.

Sasori's head pops out of the room opposite Itachi's. So that's who shares this floor with Itachi.

"Are you okay?" he asks emotionlessly. Kana would usually respond with 'yeah' or 'I'm fine' - but today she doesn't feel like lying.

She shakes her head from left to right. Sasori looks at her then back in his room. He nods his head for her to come inside. This strange behaviour of Sasori's leaves Kana pretty damn shocked.

Hesitantly, Kana stands up and walks over to him. Sasori steps aside so she can enter his room and she does so. Inside his room is a predominantly plain set up which cannot really be seen, because almost every inch is lined with puppets of all sorts. Honestly, she barely sees a tiny glimpse of the wall to know what colour it is. Other than that, everywhere she looks is a hanging puppet. Some tall, some short. Some skinny, some fat. Some famous past Kage's, some ordinary unheard of people.

She stares in fascination at the hundreds.

"Wow." she mumbles under her breath then turns around. Sasori is already sitting at his wooden desk working on a new piece. He seems unfazed and unbothered by her presence which makes her relieved, because Deidara had told her that he doesn't usually let people in his room, nor does he like the presence of others.

"What happened?" he asks in a bored voice. Kana knows that he doesn't care at all and he is probably only asking because he knows that she needs to tell somebody. He probably knows she needs to scream. She is so busy thinking about what to say, she quickly forgets that Sasori is still there.

"I hate to be kept waiting." he rudely comments. She huffs.

"Well, I was ordered to take out a few Akatsuki members to ensure my spot in the organisation. I only got through three people: Deidara, you and Hidan. Then Pain came out of nowhere and said that he only wanted me to fight one more person. When I asked who it was, he said Itachi Uchiha." Kana feels a shiver run down her spine just from saying his name. "I don't know what came over me but hearing his name made me nervous and even... scared. I couldn't really breathe to be honest. I knew I had to do it, whether it was then or later so I decided to attack him straight on. Tobi brought me to his room and I tried to attack him but my legs wouldn't budge. No, I wasn't caught in some sort of jutsu. It was weird. My brain was telling me to move and strike but my body wouldn't execute any sort of movement." she pauses to take a deep breath. "Then he came really close to me and put my sword against my neck." Kana places a hand over her bruised and slightly cut neck. "And he called me weak. Then he let me go, he let me go. He could have killed me or tortured me or done anything but he let me run. That's how I ended up here. I mean... Itachi. It's like, he has some sort of hold over me. Like there's something there? Between us? It's scary. I've never felt this way before." Kana finishes and runs her hand over her face in frustration.

Sasori was actually intently listening to her story, unlike usual.

"Hm, how unusual." is all he says. Kana forces herself not to face palm.

Thanks, Sasori.

She thinks to herself. He has stopped focusing on his puppet and is giving her his undivided attention.

"Talk to him." Sasori offers a suggestion.

"Were you even listening to me, the entire time!? I just said that I couldn't even move when I was near him, let alone confront him!" Kana whisper/yells, knowing that Itachi's room is beside Sasori's.