Richie Sambora -@KatieStroud

Sometimes the simple way is the best way.

You were a roadie and really, best friend to the band Bon Jovi.

You've known the boys for years, and grew up being best friends with Richie Sambora, the guitarist.

You were walking around backstage, since the boys had a show tonight.

It started at 8, but everything was being set up early, as requested by the band.

It was probably 8 in the morning.

All the boys were probably asleep, or so you thought.

You walked on the stage, rolling some amps with you.

Sitting on a singular plugged amp, on the opposite side of the stage was Richie himself.

He was playing softly on his white guitar.

His dark brown hair was resting nicely on his shoulders, his hark shirt almost all the way open, revealing his necklaces.

You picked up the amp and set it on its place, standing and wiping your forehead.

You walked over, your presence causing Richie to look upward and send you a warm welcoming smile.

"What's up Richie?" you asked as you stood in front of him.

"Nothin' much. Just thought I'd come in and play a little." he smiled.

"You were always an early bird." you smiled patting his shoulder.

"Join me?" he asked.

He scooted on the amp and you took a seat close to him.

He played softly, and beautifully just as he always has.

Being on this tour for so long you hadn't been able to sit with him like this in a long time.

It was nice to have to have it be like old times.

Before all the fame, and before the band, not that you didn't love them and weren't happy for him and them, but you really, really missed the simpler times.

You sighed contently and smiled as you watched his calm face.

He turned his head to you as he played, and returned the calm nostalgic smile.

Before you had even noticed, the strumming had stopped.

You were both staring into each others eyes.

As the gazing continued, feelings became known.

Seen, you both leaned forward, and your lips met, as his hand went to your jaw, holding your face lightly.

As you continued to kiss, you realized that you and Richie both knew that you had feelings for each other, and you protected each other, but you never thought they would finally be known.

You knew today was going to be a good day, and suddenly, you liked this new time.