Chapter 15

Raiden is Jack's younger brother. I remember meeting him the first day I went to Jack's house. Then again, he was 5-6 years old and the cutest little boy ever. He was so nice to me and he knew what Jack was doing because he'd hear him talking about it to Johnson. Raiden was like a brother to me and he still is.. I just hope he doesn't turn out like Jack.

"Is there something wrong with the name 'Gilinksky'?"

"Um.. No no, nothings wrong with it... Continue what you were saying..."

"Ok well I like Raiden and he's my best friend and you said that before you dated you know who, you dated your best friend so I just wanted to know how it happened.."

"Well.. really it was nothing special. It was when my dad had passed away. I went to Bradley, that was his name, and he comforted me better then my brothers and mother did and when I was done crying, he kissed me and things worked out for about 6 months but then he told me he had to move so we just, called it off."

"Oh.... Do you still like him?"

"As a friend, yes. But enough about me.. How long have you and Raiden been best friends?"

I cringed at his name only because he reminds me of Jack.

"Megan you sure you're doing ok?"

"Y- no.. no I'm not.."

"Why? Whats wrong?"

"Aaliyah... Raiden is Jack's younger brother thats why when you said his last name I said what I said..."

"Oh my god Megan I didn't know I'm sorry I'll stop talking about him."

"No no its ok I'm just worried that he'll end up being like Jack.."

"Did you ever hang out with him?"

"Yeah actually, quite a few times."

"Did he ever act like Jack?"

"No... He acted really caring and he would always make me laugh."

"And that's exactly what he does with me. And thats another reason why I like him."

I smiled. Maybe Raiden won't turn out like Jack but I'm still a little worried that he will.

"Ok well, just wait about a week and if he shows signs that he likes you in that week then let me know. But if he starts acting like Jack.. Don't ever go near him again. Alright?"

"Ok. Thanks Megan."

"You're welcome."

She hugged me and then Shawn came back into the room. He looked a bit angry and it was worrying me. Luckily, Aaliyah got up and went up to her room.

"Shawn... You ok?"

"I'm fine.."

"Lies... Whats wrong?"

He sighed but didn't answer my question. I got up from my chair and sat in the one next to him. I put my hand on his shoulder and rubbed it.

"Please?"

"Ok fine. I heard what you guys were talking about and I don't want Raiden hurting Aaliyah like Jack hurt you."

"I know.. and I told her that if he starts acting like Jack then she could come to me."

He smiled causing me to smile.

"Thanks Megan... You're an amazing friend."

My heart sank. Did he just say... friend?

"Hah Uh, You're welcome. I uh... I gotta go.. My mom could be worried right now about me."

"Just text her and tell her where you-"

"No.. I uh, I mean its fine I'll just go home. I'll meet you at the park later so we can talk about the project."

"Midnight project working.. Nice haha. Ok. Bye Megan."

"B-Bye.."

I walked out his door and I knew exactly what I had to do now.

Go to Gemmas.