Chapter 46

"I came back to apologize to you, your brothers and your mother. When I got here, I apologized to your mother first because you were upstairs, with him I'm guessing, and your brothers at at their friends house. I'm sorry for leaving you. I really am. I was drinking so much when you guys were younger, I didn't want you to take after me. I wanted you to be successful like your mother is with her book. I wanted you to go in your own path Megan because I know how much you love photography and singing and dancing and everything else and not being like me. You guys were so important to me I knew I couldn't do it sober so I went out, got drunk, came back and left. I regretted doing it for the passed 11 years. I wanted to come back so bad but I was scared your mother wouldn't take me back so I kept waiting and telling myself I'd do it the next year. I finally got the guts to do it this year and seeing your face when you came downstairs made me happy because i thought I could see my baby girl again but when you started screaming and swearing my heart sank and when I saw him come downstairs and when he got you calmed down, I knew my little girl was a lady now. A brave, beautiful lady and i just hope you can forgive me for what I have done because I am truly sorry Megan. I am.. I am so sorry. I love you guys and I never meant to hurt you."

I was shedding some tears by this time and he was too.
The only words I could get out were shuttered.

"I love you to d-dad. I've missed you so much I never wanted you to leave. It was so hard for me to handle and it was even harder for mom. They boys seemed fine but I know they weren't. I forgive you. Please.. Please don't leave us again."

I was full on sobbing by now and he was crying but not as hard as me.
We both stood up and hugged.

"I'm sorry princess... I never meant to hurt you guys.. I really didn't."

"I know... You just didn't want us going down the wrong path. I forgive you."

"I promise.. I'm not like that anymore. I'm better I don't drink and I don't smoke anymore."

The last words I got out before crying a little more were

"thank you."

We stopped hugging and we sat down again.
I whipped my tears away and then my mother spoke.

"Do you know where your brothers are? I haven't seen them since I went to L.A with Tyler who is now my ex."

"I haven't seen them... Want me to call them?"

"Yes! Please do."

"Ok."

I stood up from my chair and Shawn stood up from his and put his hand on my lower back as we walked to the living room.

"Shawn... As much as I love your company, can I call them in private please?"

"Yes! Totally! Anything for my princess."

He kissed my forehead and walked back to the kitchen and I walked outside and stood on the back deck.
I pulled my phone out and dialed Grayson's number.
It rang a few times and then he answered.

"Megan?"

"Gray OMG hi! Where have you been? Are you ok? I need to tell you som-"

"Megan... I... I need you to come to Damien's house..."

"Yeah totally! But why."

"Something happened..."

"I'm coming I'll just tell you the news when I get there. I'll go tell Shawn where we-"

"Don't bring Shawn!"

"Ok...."

"Thank you sis. See you soon. Love you. Bye"

Before I could say anything he hung up.

He never says 'Love you.'
I really hope everything's OK.
I ran back inside and over to the front door stopping myself before I hit my face off the door.
I was putting my shoes on when my dad spoke.

"Meg where are you going?"

"Out."

"Without Shawn?"

I looked at my mother and she gave me the look of understanding.

"Why aren't you taking him?"

"Grayson told me not to..."

"So you're going to where Grayson is"
"Yes."

"And where us that?"

"Damien's house."

"I never trusted that boy. Be careful honey."

"I'll be fine dad!"

"Babe can I please come with you?"

I have to think this answer through.
Grayson sounded a little skid-ish on the phone and he said 'love you' and he NEVER says that. Ever!

"Shawn..."

"Please baby girl?"

I sighed.

"Ok fine but you're staying in the car."

"Sounds good to me."

I smiled and so did he and then we walked out.

"So, where does Damien live anyways?"

"About an hour away."

We got in the car and as soon as I started it, Shawn put his hand on my thigh.

"Love you too Shawn."

He chuckled and I started driving to Damien's.
I really hope nothing is wrong.