Chapter 16

I knocked on Gemma's door until she opened it. I hugged her without saying a word and she hugged me back.

"Meg what happened?"

"Sh-Shawn called me a 'good friend'..... I thought he liked me.. He kissed me and everything and I just.."

I started crying a little and Gemma rubbed my shoulders.

"Megan let's go to the park. My brothers are home and I don't think you want them seeing you upset."

"Haha, yeah."

Gemma put her arm around my shoulder and we walked to the park.
She told a few jokes on the way there and I laughed a little at them.
When we arrived at the park, it was dark and empty and everything was turned off so we sat down in the middle of the splash pad.

"What happened tonight Megan?"

"I was at Shawns and Aaliyah wanted to talk to me in private so we did and Shawn went to a different room but when we were done talking, Shawn came back in and Aaliyah went upstairs and Shawn looked upset and angry and worried so I asked him what was wrong and he explained and I told him everything was gonna be OK and after, he said , and I quote, 'thanks Megan, you're a good friend.'."

"Megan omg how could he do that?"

"I don't know! I honestly thought he liked me. When we kissed I thought it meant something to him but apparently not!"

"You don't think I don't like you?"

I turned around and saw Shawn sitting down.

"Well no. You basically friendzoned me at your house. Did the kiss mean nothing to you?"

"That kiss meant everything to me Megan and I do like you!!!"

"Then why'd you friendzone me?!"

"BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO START ANYTHING WITH ME AFTER WHAT HAPPENED WITH DAMIEN AND JACK!"

"Shawn I like you too! You should have asked me if I liked you."

"Every girl doesn't admit it when I ask that kind of-"

"BUT IM NOT LIKE EVERY OTHER GIRL!"

He just looked at me.

"Well this got intense."

Gemma put her hand on my shoulder and whispered

"I'm gonna go home. Text me what happens."

"Ok."

Once Gemma left Shawn and I just sat in silence.

"I'm sorry."

"I am too. I shouldnt have freaked out about you calling me just your friend."

"Well..... Do you want to be more than a friend to me?"

"Shawn if you're asking me to be your best friend, nice build up."

"No I mean like.... Girlfriend..."

I smiled and hugged him almost making him fall over.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend Shawn."

He chuckled and I giggled.

"So, we better work on the project."

I pulled back from the hug and he held my hand.

"Yes we better :)."

I kissed his cheek and he blushed and then we started asking each other random questions.