Chapter 43

I reached the gym and flung the doors open, grabbing everyone's attention.
Our gym teacher, Mrs Hicks, pointed at me and Gemma came running over and closed the doors behind her.

"Megan what happened?"

I didn't say anything.
I just started sobbing even harder and hugged Gemma.
She hugged back immediately and continued to speak.

"Megan who made you cry? Whoever it was I'm going to kill them because you're my best friend and I hate seeing you cry!"

I heard another pair of footsteps at the other end of the hall and they were getting closer.

"Shawn what happened to Megan?!"

"I-"

"SO HELP ME GOD IF YOU'RE THE REASON FOR THIS I WILL CUT YOUR DICK OFF! WHAT. HAPPENED. TO. MY. FUCKING. BEST FRIEND?!"

I could tell Gemma was pissed.
And not just normal pissed that most people get.
I mean the kind where if she wanted to, she could bit your head off in 0.2 seconds.

"I DIDNT DO ANYTHING!"

"YOU SURE? CAUSE LAST TIME YOU HURT HER I RECALL HER NOT SAYING ANYTHING TO GRAYSON AND JUST HUGGING JUST LIKE SHES DOING RIGHT NOW WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

"I DIDNT DO ANY FUCKING THING!"

"BULLSHIT!"

"IM SERIOUS IT WAS-"

"DONT LIE TO ME MENDES!"

I was getting sick and tired of their yelling so I finally broke and whispered into Gemma's ear.

"She's back Gem."

We both pulled away from the hug and Shawn wrapped his arms around me and we all sat on the floor.

"Who's back?"

"Mackenzie."

"MACKENZIE?"

I nodded and she got even more mad.

"WHERE IS THAT BITCH? SHES THE ONE WHO DID THIS TO YOU ISNT SHE?!"

I nodded again and Shawn kissed the top of my head.

"Megan.. What did she say or do to you."

"Well first she pushed me down and I hit my head but that's not why I'm crying. I'm crying because she told me that I should just go kill myself and that no one would care.... She said not even Shawn would and if he did she'd make sure he didn't and so I just... I ran away."

Everyone was silent.
I looked up at Shawn who was looking at Gemma who had tears in her eyes.
She walked over to me and tried to hug me but Shawn wouldn't move his arms.

"Shawn, move your goddamn arms and let me hug my best friend!"

He still didn't move but his head was facing his side.
What was he looking at?
I moved his arm and looked beside him.

"MACKENZIE GET AWAY FROM MT BOYFRIEND! YOU'RE JUST NEAR HIM TO BOTHER ME SO MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!"

She smiled evily and then I stood up and so did Gemma and Shawn.

"Gemma..."

"Yeah?"

"Tell Mrs Hicks I went home.."

"OK... Love you and don't do anything stupid."

"I wont. Love you too."

I hugged her again and then she went to gym.
I turned around and Shawn wasn't there.

"Where'd he go?"

"He left."

"Yeah uh I wasn't asking you dumbass."

I walked away from her and to my locker where I saw Shawn.
He looked like he just did something he regretted or something.

"Uh.. I guess now would be a bad time to tell you to look in your locker.."

"Oh no.. She put something bad in there didn't she?! Oh god I'm not opening th-"

"BUT YOU HAVE TO!"

"OK OK I'll open it.."

I opened my locker and the first thing that fell out, was a note.
The note was a schedule for all the dances and there was one circled at the bottom of it.
The one circled was named

"prom".

OH SHIT!
PROM IS NEXT WEEK BEFORE THE PROJECT IS DUE!
SHIT SHIT SHIT!
I looked up to look at Shawn and saw my locker decorated.
There was a banner that said

"Prom would be the life of the party with you. Will you go with me?"

I looked at Shawn with tears in my eyes again but this time they were happy tears.

"Oh no.. what did I do wrong? I'm so sorry babygirl I did this all wrong didn't I?"

I laughed a little at him and he smiled.

"No. This is perfect! I love you so much Shawn of course I'll go with you!"

He sighed in relief as I jumped into his arms and hugged him.
He hugged me back with one hand on my butt to hold me up and the other on my back.
I looked him in the eyes and kissed him without any warning.
When we pulled away he whispered

"let's go home."

I nodded and jumped down and closed my locker.
I jumped on his back and he gave me a piggyback ride the whole way there.
I also kept giving him little kisses on his jawline and the side of his neck on the way home too :).