Chapter seventeen

~time skip to the wedding~
(A.N. Just a reminder, everything in italics is what Harry and Ginny are saying in their minds.
Ginny's P.O.V
      I woke up feeling so tired. We spent almost the whole night setting up and getting everything prepared. Morning love. I wondered if he was awake. Morning. I felt a wave of tiredness coming from Harry. Then I remembered, it was Harry's birthday! Rushing to Ron's room I opened the door. There Harry was, changing. I blushed when I saw he had no shirt on. He turned around at the sound of the door being opened.

      Once he saw me he smiled at me. Shaking my head I tried to clear it and stammered "w-well h-happy birthday H-Harry."

    "Well thanks" Harry replied.

      "I'll just go now." I said backing out of the door. After I closed the door I sprinted away and went downstairs. I shoveled a little bit of food in my mouth eating as fast as I could.

      Once I finished I went back to my room. Hermione was already there getting washed up. So I put on my dress quickly and asked Hermione to zip it up. In my rush downstairs to see if anyone needed any help, my dress got caught on the rail. Annoyed I yanked it off but my zipper came undone. My mom was probably in the kitchen cooking something so I continued down the stairs more slowly.

      In the kitchen however, only contained Harry. "Zip me up will you?" I asked. He looked up from the daily prophet and came over to me. Turning around I revealed my exposed back. He slowly zipped it and I turned around. He looked so perfect in his outfit. Even with his messy hair. Slowly I kissed him and smiled. I savored the moment but was rudely interrupted by someone leaning against the sink with a spoon sticking out the side of his head.

    "Good morning" George said grinning from ear to well maybe not an ear. I rolled my eyes and went out of the kitchen.

      After all of the official parts were over I was dancing to a slow song with Harry, when suddenly a white animal came into the tent. "The ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead.  They are coming...They are coming...They are coming" the voice of Kingsley repeated slowly fading. Then, there was chaos.

      All of the guests were starting to apparate away. Then a bunch of dark mist came in transforming into death eaters. Harry grabbed my hand and we searched for Ron and Hermione. Quickly we all grabbed hands and apparated. We appeared in the middle of a street and quickly rushed to the side barely being missed by a bus.

      Hermione led us to a dark alleyway. "We need to change" she muttered. She opened her tiny bag and reached inside it. Ron and Harry's faces scrunched up in confusion while I just smiled. Knowing she must have put and undetectable extension charm on it. "Undetectable extension charm" Hermione explained.

      Once we all finished we went into a near cappuccino store and entered. "Wait hold on. What's she doing here?" Ron asked gesturing towards me.

    "She's coming" Harry said firmly.

    "But-" I cut Ron off saying

      "Ron, you might not believe it but I'm grown up now! I'm turning 17 in a week so I'll be fine."

      "Fine. Whatever." Ron muttered. 

      "So we need to figure out how to defeat Voldemort." I started.

    "We already figured that out" Harry said. Suddenly two men walked in. I looked at them suspiciously. The next few events happened so fast. The two men pulled out wands and started to fire spells at us. Instinctively I crouched under the table. Spells were flying everywhere. Peeking out I saw one of them behind the counter top. I nudged Harry and pointed in his direction.

      "Stupefy!" Harry yelled.

      "Petrificus Totalus!" Hermione pointed her wand aiming at the other one. The two death eaters crumbled. We approached cautiously.

      "His name's Rowle. He was on the astronomy tower the night Snape killed Dumbledore." Harry said.

      Continuing to look at the other Ron said "This guy's Dolohov. I remember him from the wanted posters. Now what are we going to do with you eh?" looking into his eyes. "You're the best at spells Hermione." Ron said touching her cheek when he went by.

      Hermione obliviated their memory along with the waitress. They fixed up the shop seeing as I couldn't use magic yet, then we walked out and apparated again. We came to Grimauld place and went in.

      Suddenly we heard Mad-Eye's voice "Severus Snape?" I felt my tongue roll back in my mouth. Harry cautiously stepped forward. Then, a dusty figure rose from the carpet. It was a misty dead body without eye sockets. "It wasn't us. We didn't kill you!" Harry said desperately. On the word "kill" the figure exploded.

      "Must have been the charms Mad-Eye put up for Snape." Hermione said shakily. Harry started to walk forward again. Hermione's eyes widened and I gazed in the direction of her eyes. A table was knocked over by the door as if Tonks just came in being her clumsy self. "Homunum revelio" Hermione said clearly. Nothing happened. "We're alone" Hermione said relieved but still confused.