Chapter forty two

Hermione P.O.V.
I was so happy! Draco asked me to marry him and I said yes!

"Hermione!" Ginny ran to me when we arrived at the burrow and we squealed together. "Let me see the ring!" She demanded. I held out my left hand for her to see. "It's beautiful!" I looked over to Draco and he was talking to Harry.

"Take care of her alright?" Harry asked.

"Of course. I'll never hurt her." Draco vowed.

"He realllllllly loves you." Ginny grinned.

"I would hope so because we're getting married soon!" I laughed.

"I'm planning everything!" She called.

"I thought you hated planning."

"Well I don't want to plan my own! But of course I'm planning yours!"

"Good because I didn't want to."

"It will be extravagant!" Ginny expanded her arms.

"Whatever you say Ginny." I rolled my eyes. That girl is so unpredictable. We headed over to the moms and they crowded around me.

"It's beautiful!" Lily smiled.

"Thanks!" I grinned. "Just wish my parents were here to see this."

"Speaking of-" Mrs. Weasley started.

"Shh!" Lily hushed.

"What?" I asked.

"Hermione...your parents are dead." Lily said softly with a glare at Ginny's mom. "We weren't going to tell you until later."

"They what?" My heart felt as if it shattered into a million pieces. They couldn't be!"

"The ministry just found out they died in a car crash last year." Mrs. Weasley told me.

"I need to go." I said. Draco was by my side in an instant.

"I'll send word if we're coming back." He nodded to everyone and we went back to the manor.

"I can't believe they're gone." I collapsed on the couch. At the moment I couldn't feel anything. It was all my fault that they died. If I didn't send them over to Australia they wouldn't have gotten in that accident. Numbly I stared ahead of me and thought of their faces. What broke me the most was that I could barely remember them. Their laughs, their smiles...

"Lets get you in bed." Draco carried me up the stairs in our room. "Are you alright?" Draco brushed my hair back from my face.

"No." I said in a small voice. No tears came and I was so mad at myself. After all they've done for me, I couldn't even cry about their deaths.

"heyheyhey" Draco protested as I tried hitting myself. Trying to get some feeling in my body. He held me down and the wall broke. All of my emotions hit me at once and I sobbed. Draco held me in his arms and rocked me back and forth. I laid my head against his chest and the tears kept coming. "It'll be okay." He soothed and rubbed my back.

"It's all my fault." I cried.

"No it isn't. They were in more danger here than there." Draco comforted.

"They died anyway." I muttered.

"Then there's nothing you could've done."

"I just need time." I sighed.

"We can stay here as long as you need." Draco reassured. I looked up at him and gave a goofy grin. "What?"

"Can you pleeeeeease get me some food?"

"Fine." He sighed. "What do you want."

"Whatever is fine." I shrugged.

"Okay. I'll be back." He let out a massive sigh as he got up and walked out.

"Thanks!" I called after him.

A.N. I finally updated! I'm so sorry for neglecting this book and hopefully you will get at least an update per week. Hope you liked it!