Chapter forty nine

"Harry! Ginny come here!" A familiar voice called. Remus, who had taken his position as the Defense Against the Dark Arts professor again, was gesturing to us from the great hall entrance and we ran over.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"It's a magical creature rebellion. There are ogres, vampires, werewolves alike. You'll see things you've never seen before." Remus looked very troubled.

"How can we help?" Harry frowned.

"We need to sort out the ones who've decided to stay. However we're only allowing fifth year's and up. There's not enough time to check each age so if they look too young send them out. They're all using the room of requirement to evacuate. Severus is overseeing that now. Go!" Remus said before dashing off. Harry took my hand and we went in the hall.

"We'll divide and conquer. You sort out the younger kids. I'll get everyone organized." Harry said. He gave my hand a comforting squeeze and went off. Instinctively I walked over to the Gryffindor table first. To make it go quickly I walked down the row and looked at each persons face. By the time I was done with them I had to send twenty more kids out. I moved on to the Hufflepuff table, then to the Ravenclaw, and finally Slytherin. Unlike what we thought because of the final battle, a majority of them stayed. I even had to send a few out to evacuate. Harry worked at the tables I finished with taking names and sorting everybody into a group. James finally appeared in the hall looking slightly out of breath along with the rest of the Order of the Phoenix behind him.

"What are we doing?" James asked.

"We've organized them into groups. Direct them to where they'll be waiting. Ginny come with me." Harry gave his Dad the papers that he and Sirius looked at before we went out. They both started to sort out everyone.

"What is it?" I asked confused.

"Well err. I was wondering...you see uh..."

"Spit it out." I said impatiently.

"Can you not fight with us? I don't want you to get hurt." Harry said eventually.

"You're ridiculous. If you thought that would work you know nothing about me. Let's go." I rolled my eyes.

"It was worth a shot. But wait one more thing. I don't think we should revive people this time unless it was just from a spell. If they wake up they may be a vampire or werewolf and be angry that we didn't just let them pass."

"Okay." I nodded.

"Harry! Ginny!" Mum called. We went over to her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Look." She looked slightly pale as she pointed out through a window and I gasped. There were about ten visible ogres, and many people that looked human but must be the vampires and werewolves crashing through the forbidden forest. The startled centaurs were charging towards Hogwarts to get away from them and help us.

"We'll need all the help we can get. I'm going to call the DA on the galleons." Harry said. I handed him mine and he sent the message. Within a minute everybody was there. Hermione looked determined to help but still only remembered spells that she learned before sixth year started. Draco was looking at her wistfully and I sighed. He would have to just wait and be patient and hopefully she'll come around.

"If you missed out last time because you were too young, this is your chance. In a nutshell it's a magical creature rebellion. There are ogres, vampires, werewolves and possibly some sirens." I announced. There were gasps and everyone straightened up importantly.

"What do you want us to do?" Neville asked.

"You all are going to be in the main fighting force in the third line from the front. Ginny and I will be there too. The rest of the order is spread out between the lines. We have eight of them with about twenty people each. Fight your best and stay safe. Let's get into our positions." Harry instructed. They all nodded and we moved over to the lines that were forming.

"You'll all go with your line on my mark!" James yelled over the noise. The centaurs were also in their assigned lines looking ready to fight. These were the creatures that made centaurs get looked down on. The mass of creatures were appearing at the edge of the Forrest.

"First line go!" James yelled. The first line charged. "Second!" The next line followed half a minute after. Spells were cast from our side to try and help take out the tall ogres. The spells however were damaging the vampires but not killing. They weren't very effective on them. I however was targeting the sirens from the castle being sure not to hit any of our own. Their singing caused the front line to falter and become distracted. Finally after the third line went the melodic songs had ended. Only three ogres were left but the werewolves and vampires kept coming. They were out for blood.

"Stay safe." Lily whispered and gave us each a hug.

"Go!" James yelled at us. However he looked alarmed seeing his wife and son were in that line. Lily gave him a reassuring nod before taking off. Our losses were growing. However more people apparared to Hogwarts and Severus was sorting them out.

Harry stayed close by me and we defeated creature after creature. His eyes started to slightly glow golden. The spells out of my wand were a blinding white and the impact was great. Nobody could get near us. We were winning. People were dying on both sides and I had to shift my gaze uncomfortably from the amount of people who had passed around us to focus on what was happening before me. Multiple times we saved each other by moving them over so they wouldn't be hit by an oncoming spell. They slowly realized that we were a big threat and started to target us. The werewolves tucked their wands away and were going in to bite. James had joined the fight and tried to help keep the wolves approaching but he wasn't as fast as us. We dodged incoming werewolves by seconds and their jaws clamped inches away from our faces. Eventually they gave up and went to try and get others.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a vampire leap towards James and made a split second decision. Harry saw too and his face widened in shock. I leaped off of the ground and shoved James to the side. The vampire greedily attacked my exposed neck and Harry yelled. Immediately the vampire was off of me with a blast in the side but the damage was done. I struggled to breathe and blood was pouring down my neck. Reluctantly seeing Harry's murderous gaze the creatures backed off but had a look on their face saying this wasn't over.

"Ginny? Ginny!" Harry said desperately shaking me. I couldn't respond. Tears were leaking out of my eyes from the pain and I tried blinking them back furiously. But it overwhelmed me and I fainted.