Part 4-Zosia

As Zosia changed into her scrubs she slipped Natalia's bracelet into the deep navy blue pocket. She tied her hair up & looked in the mirror fixed to the inside of her locker. She smiled at her reflection, she was ready to take on whatever the shift would throw at her.

'Zosia' staff nurse Cara Martinez called about 40 minutes into Zosia's shift 'A patient is asking for you in the ED' she continued in her sweet Irish accent. Zosia turned to the clinical lead Jac Naylor 'Jac can,'
'Go' Jac cut Zosia off  'yes Valentine you can go too' Jac said to Zosia's boyfriend Ollie Valentine as his shift was nearly over and they weren't busy on Darwin the cardio-thoracic ward. 'Who?' Zosia asked Cara
'Urm Ali something' Cara replied. The lift arrived and Zosia and Ollie stepped into it and pressed the button for the ground floor where the ED was situated. 'Who's Ali?' Ollie asked Zosia  'I don't know anyone called Ali,' Zosia mused 'well except a kid I went to primary school with, Alister, he was a nightmare, but it can't be him, he wouldn't know I worked here' Zosia was very confused. 'Could someone be giving a false name?' Ollie asked before giving Zosia a kiss to try and comfort her. 'Why would they Ollie? if they wanted to see me, I would know their real name.' The lift beeped as it reached the ground floor 'we'll soon find out I guess' Ollie said.
'Zosia, I'm so glad that you're here, Ali's really distressed' Connie Beauchamp said quietly while opening the curtain around Ali's cubicle. Ali was still talking very quickly in Polish and was scratching herself despite Robyn the nurse trying to stop her. Zosia did a double take. She realised it was her cousin but she was a far cry from the little smiley 10 year old on the beach. She was very thin, that was obvious despite her long sleeved jacket and loose trousers. She was so pale with dark shadows in her hollow cheeks. 'Natalia' Zosia whispers putting her hand on Ali's arm. 'to jest w porządku kochaine jestem tutaj zaopiekuję się Tobą ' it's okay sweetheart I'm here, I will look after you.