Part 55

I'm continuing this story but have started another focused on Connie, Grace and Jac called my baby girl so so please read that!

The next few days were hard for Ollie and Ali, the house seemed really quiet without Zosia and Ali was really struggling to eat again. They both knew she needed to though. For 3 nights in a row dinner took over two hours, "I'm so sorry." Ali sobbed as she finished her last mouthful of pasta. "Hey, Natalia," Ollie smiled "You have nothing to apologise for, I know how hard your trying, you've put up with so much, this last year." He kissed the top of her head as he put her plate in the dishwasher. "I have a surprise for you! " Ollie smiled and went outside, he came back in dragging a 6foot Christmas tree. "I thought we could decorate this tonight. As it's now December" He smiled. "I'd love that!" Ali answered.
They spent a few hours decorating the tree with tinsel, fairy lights and baubles. Ollie went to put the star on top of the tree. "No!" Ali stopped him. "You can't put the star on until you see the first star in the sky on Christmas Eve."
"What happens if it's cloudy?" Ollie asked.
"I don't know, I've never though of that." Ali laughed "gwiazdka" she sighed
"Sorry" Ollie said not understand
"Gwiazdka, it means Christmas Star."
"Gwiazdka," Ollie repeated
"Thats right. Can I... can I teach you some more Polish?" Ali asked
"Sure!" Ollie answered
"Well first is Cześć it means hello."
"Cześć" Ollie said
"Kinda" Ali answers "then I would say Jestem Natalia- thats means I'm Natalia and you'd say Jestem Ollie."
"Cześć, Jestem Ollie." Ollie answered
"Perfect" Natalia answered. She continued by pointing to things in the living room and saying them in Polish. "Sofa" she pointed at the sofa.
"Wait sofa is sofa?" Ollie asked
"Tak- that means yes." Ali answered.
"Don't you have le and la like French. I did French for GCSE" Ollie said proudly.
"No we just ignore saying the or a in Poland- we're lazy I guess."
"Gosh this Polish lark is easy." Ollie laughed
"Wypchać się sianem" Ali said sarcastically
"What dies that mean?" Ollie asked
"Well technically it means stuff yourself with hay but it kind of means get lost. Maybe we should stick with przepraszam, nie mówię po polsku- I'm sorry I don't speak Polish." Ali laughed.
They had a fun evening laughing at Ollie failure at pronouncing polish words. But there was an obvious gap without Zosia. "One thing Ali, does kochaine mean cousin, because that's what Zosh calls you? Ollie asked.
"No, kuzyn is cousin, so pronounced pretty much the same. Kochanie means sweetie or darling."
"Dobranoc kochanie." Ollie stuttered goodnight sweetheart.
"Well done." Ali smiled
"Dobranoc Ollie"