Chapter 46- make it perfect

The weekend after fireworks night Zosia, Ollie. Ali and guy were in their scruffs ready for a busy day. They had managed to find a nice and affordable ground floor flat a mile away from where Zosia and Ollie lived for  Klaudia. A good few weeks after Klaudia had woken up she was ready to be discharged from the hospital and move into her flat. Due to her muscle weakness ,although she could walk, she was using a wheelchair outside the house and a nurse would come and see her everyday. Ali, Zosia, Ollie and Guy were helping Klaudia move into her new home. She didn't have much
Furniture but they'd all put out a post on Facebook to see if any friends were looking to get rid of any furniture. They'd got a black couch, a small TV, a bed, a wardrobe and a small kitchen table and chairs for free or pretty cheap. The kitchen already had a fridge/freezer and washer/dryer and a dishwasher. The flat was nice. Enough room for one. "Zosia." Klaudia spoke to her niece quietly while Ali and Ollie were outside. "Do you want Natalia to live with me now? You probably have had enough of her?" She asked in Polish
"Nie!" No said Zosia. "Unless you want her to. We love having her around and you're struggling with your injuries. She's settled with us and this flats not big enough for the both of you."
"Good. I love my daughter and you know that but she's happier that I have seen her since we have lived in England and I have my own stuff to deal with."
Ali came in "my ears are burning." She smiled wryly and looked at her mother and Zosia. "Yes, we were discussing you" Zosia smiled at her cousin. "We would like, if it's okay with you, for you to stay living with Ollie and I at the moment. Your mama still needs to recover and this is a really small flat."
"That's cool." Ali smiled and hugged Zosia and whispered to her so her mother couldn't hear. "I'm so happy living with you and Ollie. I wouldn't want to change that. I mean I love mama of course but I'd rather live with you if you'll have me. We have a routine now and it's working."
By the time all the furniture was put in the flat and everything sorted it was 9pm and everyone was exhausted. Ali was proud of herself since she had eaten everything on her meal plan and although she felt so guilty for eating she was proud that she managed it. Her head was a whirlwind of feeling and emotions. She wasn't the only one.
Zosia was on her laptop looking up Wigilia ideas. She wanted to make it the perfect Christmas for Natalia. They hadn't had a proper Wigilia supper since her mother had died a few years ago. By 11 pm Ali was asleep in her bed and Ollie was almost asleep in his. Zosia couldn't sleep so decided to make Barszcz a traditional Wigilia dish of beetroot soup. She just wasn't tired and didn't need sleep. She was ready for work by 5am despite the fact her shift didn't start until 9.30. She put her hair into a ponytail and put on some running leggings and a loose top. She wrote a note and left it on the kitchen table.
Couldn't sleep, gone for a run, see you at work
Z x
Zosia wasn't sure where she was planning to go. She ran down by the canal close to the city centre. She found herself in the area she used to visit a lot when she was a child, despite the fact she didn't live there. The area where most of the Polish community live. Most of the churches and shops had both Polish and English signs. She went into the only Polski Sklep that was open at 6.30 am she bought almost £100 of all sorts of Polish ingredients so she could practice before Wigilia. She was determined to get it right. Make it perfect.