Part 11

'Fletch can you order a psych consult?'
Zosia asked Fletch who was sat at the nurses station. 'Sure, which patient?' Fletch asked picking up the phone 'Natalia, my cousin'
'Ok' Fletch smiled then spoke into the phone 'yes, a psych consult for a 15 year old female' he then turned to Zosia 'Dr Palmer or Dr Coulter?' He asked
'Dr Palmer, not Seb!' Zosia said decisively
'Dr Palmer........self harm and possible weight issues..........ok great' Fletch put the phone down and turned to Zosia 'she'll be here in about half an hour, they want her BMI first'
'I'll do that' Zosia smiled
'You can't treat your cousin Serena will go mad' Fletch warned
'You're busy and I think I can manage height and weight' Zosia laughed and walked towards her cousin and grabbed a wheelchair.
Zosia was weighing Ali in the side room
'Why are you doing this?' Ali asked.
'Standard procedure' Zosia answered as she didn't want Ali to freak out if she thought that she was being weighed because some doctors thought she might have an eating disorder. Zosia knew that people with eating disorders often became very defensive if you asked them about it. Zosia recorded Ali's height and weight and found her BMI was significantly underweight.
Ali was back in bed talking to Zosia in Polish when Jac Naylor arrived. 'Hi Zosia, Natalia. How are you doing?'
'Hi' Zosia smiled and turned to Ali 'This is Ms Naylor my boss.'
'Hi' Ali smiled Shyly at Jac.
'Hello' a voice came from outside the curtained bay and Dr Naomi Palmer stepped in 'I'm doctor Palmer and I'm a psychiatrist' she smiled 'Could I have a chat with you alone Natalia?' Ali looked up at Zosia in panic 'w porządku. będzie dobrze . Komunikat mnie kiedy skończysz i będę się z powrotem' Zosia put an arm around her cousins neck and lightly kissed her cheek. It's ok, you'll be fine. Text me as soon as your finished and I'll be right back. Dr Palmer looked at Zosia in shock 'sorry' Zosia rolled her eyes and giggled 'Natalia's first language is Polish, she's lived here years though' Dr Palmer smiled. 'Does this mean I can steel Zosia back up to Darwin for a bit?' Jac asked 'Perfect' Dr Palmer smiled 'I'll have a quick chat with you after I've spoken to Natalia.'
Zosia and Jac walked away leaving a scared Ali with the psychiatrist.