Chapter 93 school

AN- Agata and Mrs Yates are the same person

They chatted about random things on the short drive to school. Tv shows and pop songs. Agata pulled into the school car park. "Shall we go up to the classroom? Or would you rather I let you go first?"
Ali shrugged "I wish Elsie was here! She texted me this morning. She's finished her exams."
"She'll be back in September."
"I know and I'm going to hers this weekend."
They stepped out of the car.
Ali heard her name being called and turned around and Megsie, Elsie's kind,excitable younger sister was running towards her and enveloped her into a hug. "Elz told me you were back today. It's so good to see you." Ali smiled and let out a breath. It was so good to see a friendly face. She had been to Elise's so many times that she knew the family well. And Megs was such a sweetheart. "C'mon I'll help you find your locker." Megsie said. Agata gently patted Ali's shoulder "I'll be in my classroom, don't be late to form." She smiled.
Megs chatted to Ali and it really decreased her anxiety. "Elz, sends her love btw"
"I know she text me."
"Well while she's not here you know where I am. You're almost like another big sister to me Ali, or maybe more like a cousin or something."

"See you later." Megs said as Ali walked into Agata's classroom. "It's Ali right?" A tall blonde girl said "Mrs Yates said you were ill."
"Lexi, Rosa and Sophie, right?" The girls smiled. "Are you better now?" Rosa asked. "Not totally but a lot better than I was thanks." Ali replied. "Good Morning 12RY, it's lovely to see you all after your exams. I hope they all went well. As some of you have noticed we have Natalia," Agata looked at Ali. "Sorry, I mean Ali, she hasn't been very well but she's still been studying hard at home and did her exams too and is back with us now. We're very glad you're back Ali." She smiled.
"What was wrong with you?" Sophie asked sweetly. Ali panicked she wasn't ashamed of her eating disorder but didn't want to have to explain it all Ali looked at Agata who smiled and Ali remember what she'd said that morning. "Ah I'd rather not bore you with all that stuff. I'm back now and that's what matters really. Come on, you'll have to fill me in with all the gossip. Are you still with Harry Lexi?"

She had biology first where her teacher Mrs Kingston told Ali she was glad to have her back and was very impressed with all the works she was doing at home. Especially the human biology stuff. "My cousins a doctor so she's helped explain stuff to me."
"Ah lucky," Lexi said. Ali was pleasantly surprised by how welcoming and lovely Lexi was being. Lexi has come and sat with her in biology rather than with her other friend Cat who she had sat with the whole time Ali wasn't there.

She had a French lesson second where Mrs Yates put on a film of one of their texts for the following year and handed out the books. Ali sat in the only empty seat of the classroom. "You're not new are you. You were here ages ago right?" The girl she was sat next to whispered confused.
"That's right, I'm Ali, I haven't been well but I'm back now."
"I'm Niamh." The girl said "hi."
Agata gave Ali a pointed look so she smiled at Niamh then turned back to the film.
"Natalia, can you stay behind please." Agata smiled as the rest of the class filed out. "Have you got your snack Natalia?"
"Yeah, just a banana." Ali said digging it out of her bag and peeling it then taking a bite.
"What lesson do you have next?"
"A double free, I think I'll just sit in the library and read my French book. I don't think I have the energy to socialise right now."
"Ok, meet me here at lunchtime."
"Ok."

Ali returned to Mrs Yates' classroom at lunchtime with a smile on her face.
"You look happy." Mrs Yates said.
"Yeah. I sat and read for my first free then Lexi and Rosa came and found me and we just sat in the study centre and chatted and it was so nice. I felt normal and I haven't felt normal in such a long time." Ali said eyes shining.
"I'm glad you've had a good day. Come on get your lunch out."