Chapter 54- I Love Her So Much

Jac sat down and closed the door to the relatives room in darwin and which everyone knew ment It's engaged don't come in. They all sat on the sofas. Ali and Colette on one, Ollie with his arms round Zosia on another, Jac and Dr Ellison on the third. There was a knock on the door, Guy came in. Colette moved up to allow him to sit down. "Dad, who called you?" Zosia said hoarsely, she was loosing her voice after crying so much. "I did" Colette and Jac said at the same time. "What the hell happened Zosh?" Her father asked. "Guy." Colette said looking at him pointedly so he went quiet. Jac put Zosia's meds she found in her locker out of her pocket onto the table. Ali and Ollie looked at each other, neither of them had realised Zosia had been off her meds. "When did you last take your lithium?" Dr Ellison the psychiatrist asked. He had only just started at Holby and didn't know much about her history but he knew she had bipolar disorder and he could tell she was manic and distressed. Zosia shrugged. "More than a week?" He asked and Zosia nodded. "A month?"
"About that." She replied
"Zosh, Why didn't you say?" Ollie asked "why didn't you tell me," his eyes filled with tears.
Colette reached over to touch his arm and shook her head. There was a time for him and Zosia to have that conversation but this wasn't it.
"We'll admit you to the psychiatric ward." Dr Ellison started to say
"No!" Zosia answered "no I can stay at home and at work. I can keep busy."
"I think we're passed that." Colette said sadly.
"I can't have you working on my ward, or any ward until you're better" Jac said flatly.
"Zosia you can come if your own volition, or we will section you."
"Just go with them, it's for the best." Guy said.
Ollie leaned over and kissed Zosia slowly. "I love you so much Zosh, but you're ill. The doctor s can help you. Just go with them. And we, all of us, will see you soon." Ollie kissed Zosia again. "Ok," Zosia said "ok."

Zosia left with the psychiatrist. "Look, I need to get home to pick Emma up from the childminders. But I'll talk to you tomorrow" Jac said leaving Ollie, Ali, Colette and Guy in the relatives room. "Why don't we all come round to mine, I have some pizzas we can shove in the oven for our tea. I can't face cooking tonight. It's almost 8." Colette sighed. Ollie looked at her thankfully, "is that ok with you Ali?" Ali nodded. "I think I'll just get home." Guy politely declined Colette's offer.

Colette picked up Ela from the crèche and they all went back to Colette's house. They sat in silence except Ela's chatter. Colette put Love Actually on- despite the fact it was only November, to try and break the awkward silence. "Ill put Ela to bed." Ali said at half eight and scooped up the tiny girl. "Come on Ela, let's read you a story." One Ali and Ela were upstairs Ollie turned to Colette. "Why didn't she tell me she was struggling, why didn't I notice?"
"It's not your fault Ollie, you've all had a lot on. Suddenly moving in together, and with Natalia too, that was never going to be easy. It's the bipolar, it makes her secretive, and she doesn't always realise she's sick."
"I thought she was excited! Just excited for Christmas. I just wish I could have helped her more!" Tears formed in his blue eyes but he blinked them back. "I just love her so much, and it hurts me to see her struggling."