Your parents don't like him

You and Harry are over at your parents house for a nice family dinner.

Your mum invited you over, but you thought it would be nice to bring Harry along.

Harry has met your parents before, but only once.

You slip the faded pink oven mitts onto your hand as you open the oven and take out the roast chicken.

"Looks like the chicken is cooked, mum." You say taking off the mitts.

"Excellent." She responds blankly.

"What's the problem?" You ask, a bit concerned at her odd behaviour.

She stops what she's doing before turning to face you, with her hands on her hips.

"Harry is the problem." She says.

You immediately frown.

"What do you mean Harry is the problem?" You say, getting angry.

"Y/N, I don't think that he is the right guy for you." She says calmly.

"What on earth makes you think that he isn't the right guy?!" You snap.

"One, he's famous. Two, he's got too many tattoos. And you know what that means, bad boys have tattoos. I don't want you dating a bad boy Y/N."

"And also, I hate the way he dresses. It's horrible." She adds.

"You know, it's actually funny that you think that. Because Harry is none of those things that you just said. He is a sweet, loving and caring person. I don't care about the way he dresses, he has a heart of gold. And I also don't care if you think that he isn't the right guy for me!" You say, raising your voice.

"How dare you speak to me like that! This is not the way I raised you!" Your mum shouts.

"I'm 21! You can't tell me how to live my life anymore! I'm not a child! I'm a grown women! God dammit you have to stop making all of these assumptions about Harry when you barley even know him." You shout back.

"Y/N I am your mother and you need to listen to me. Harry is not the right guy for you! Your father and I have already agreed on that statement!"

"You need to understand that Harry is a great person! And also, you need to stop reading all these articles about him online. Nothing on their is true. The only reason why you don't like him is because the media portrays him very badly. Which is terrible." You say.

"It doesn't even matter about what you think. The important thing is that he loves me and I love him. I don't care if you don't like him. And no matter what you say, nothing can convince me to stop loving him." You sigh, before walking out the kitchen.

"Why does she have to be so freaking irritating!" You mutter under your breath.

"Y/N?" You hear the voice of your boyfriend.

You look up to see Harry. His bottom lip trembles as sadness and hurt fills his eyes.

"Oh Harry." You sigh before pulling him into a hug.

"Don't listen to what they say. I love you and that's all that matters." You reassure him.

Harry is very sensitive to what your parents think about him. You're the girl that he wants to keep for the rest of his life. And if he wants to do that, he's got to have a good relationship with your parents.

"B-But if your parents don't like me, t-then they'll tell you to break up with me. I don't want to lose you Y-Y/N." He sniffs.

"You will never lose my baby. I will never ever let my parents and their stupid opinions come between us. Okay?" You say cupping his face.

He nods before wiping his tears away.

"I love you Y-Y/N." He says, nuzzling his face in your neck.

"I love you more baby, nothing will ever change that."

---

100 votes jsjkjsjkjskld THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH !! I actually never thought that anyone would like this book because my writing is so shitty lmao but anyway thank you all so so so much for your support. I'm so grateful they you all like this book and I love every single one of you !! 💖💖

-njhslove