Half Human

disclaimer: hey guys!! so i've tried to do something a little different and go with a bit of a fantasy type of genre thingy so everything in this chapter is entirely made up (comin' straight from within my weird imagination) and i do not recommend replicating this in any real life situation!! thank you all for reading and i hope you enjoy <3

"This is where all our very, broken and failed inventions go," the head of the company, Dr. Henderson explains.

Just a couple weeks earlier you won the science fair at your school with your amazing and spectacular invention. You were rewarded with a trip to the most famous and successful invention companies in the world, The Henderson Headquarters. They have been your main inspiration for all your inventions every since you were a little kid. Having the opportunity to finally visit the headquarters is a dream come true for you.

You look around at all the broken bits of metal and circuit boards, the inventions that never made it to see another day. "You can look around if you want. Pick out any bits that you think would be useful for future creations. I just gotta take this call." Dr. Henderson smiles at you before holding his phone to his ear and walking out of the room.

You wander around the room, looking at every broken and thrown out invention, reading about what their intention was supposed to be.

You then stumble into a large area, which seems to be shielded by a white curtain. You slowly draw back the white sheet, to reveal a young man, green eyes, overgrown brown locks staring at you with fear.

You jump back in shock. What the hell is a live human being doing here?!

He young man looks like his in his late teens, maybe early twenties. His hands and legs are chained.

"Oh, I see you have met Subject Zero, this is Harry."
Dr. Henderson suddenly appears behind you.

"Wh-What?" You stutter with confusion. Thousands of questions are racing though your head right now.

"You may be wondering, what is he doing here?" Dr. Henderson states. Well, that's one question down.

"A couple months ago, my team and I decided to create a robot which was so human-like to complete duties. Subject Zero, Harry was our first creation. But he wasn't wired properly, making him turn into basically a monster. He was aggressive and he physically attacked my team of scientists. He was dangerous, we decided to leave him down here behind this curtain, so no one would get hurt when approaching him." You stare at Dr. Henderson wide-eyed, wondering how this had not made the headlines as you would always stay on top of the latest inventions and tech news.

"H-How come you never said anything?" You ask.

"Well, since it was a failed experiment, we didn't want to get the people's hopes up about a new robot which could make breakfast as well as do your laundry at the same time. We kept our mouths shut until we thought we could fix the wiring with Harry. But he was too dangerous to even go near. It never
happened."

You look back and forth between Dr. Henderson and Harry. Harry for some reason can't stop staring at you, like he's never seen a girl before.

"For some reason, he hasn't made an attempt to rip your head of yet, kind of surprising." Dr. Henderson chuckles lightly.

You're still trying to wrap your head around everything. This young man, or, robot isn't even a human being. Yet he looks so realistic. 

"You can do whatever you like with him. Fix him up, maybe try to tame him. If that's even possible." He laughs as he walks back to his office.

You kneel down in front of Harry, he flinches a bit. You extend your arm to touch his face, and surprisingly he lets you. You gently caress his cheek, it seems like he's beginning to trust you a little.

"My name is Y/N." You say with a slight smile, but he doesn't respond. It seems like he doesn't know how to speak.

"Do you, understand me?" You ask, hoping to at least get a gesture that he can communicate with.

He nods slowly and leans closer to you.

"Do you know how to speak?" You ask again and he shakes his head.

"Well then, that gives us something to do, right?" You say.

He looks up at you, no longer with eyes of fear, but eyes of wonder and curiosity.

"Hmm, think there could be a alphabet chart around here?" You ask, then feel stupid afterwards cause like they just have an alphabet chart lying around.

You then go to Dr. Henderson's office, asking for an alphabet chart; as stupid as you sound.

"Sure," He hands you one right of his desk.

"Everybody has an an alphabet chart lying around." He smiles, you take the chart and blink back.

Looks like you were wrong about that one.

You walk over to Harry who is still in deep thought and curiosity. You look at him once more, it's hard to believe that he isn't human.

"So, this is the alphabet." You say, dragging a chair to sit on.

He looks at you, then the chart.

"A, B, C..." You read out, pointing to each of the coloured, bold letters.

After what it seems to be hours, Dr. Henderson comes out of his office.

"How's it going?" He walks over to you and Harry.

"It's going good! I've taught him a couple words, how to say the alphabet. That's a start, right?" You reply.

"What?! That's unbelievable!" Dr. Henderson says, over the moon for your accomplishment.

"This is incredible, Y/N. No one has ever been able to even get this close to Subject Zero-"

"Harry." Harry finally speaks.

Both yours and Dr. Henderson's jaws drop and your eyes grow wide.

"Did you just-"

"Did he?"

"What?!"

"I didn't even teach him that!"

You and Dr. Henderson look at each other, shocked to the core. He just said his own name!

"This is a scientific breakthrough! Y/N, you are an absolute genius! I have to tell the others!" Dr. Henderson says, but you stop him.

"No no no! Don't just yet. How about, I get Harry polished up a bit more. I can teach him new words, how to do things, and then you can let the others know?" You suggest and Dr. Henderson nods frantically.

"Yes yes yes yes! Whatever works best for you! Oh
Y/N darling you are spectacular!" He pulls you into a bone-crushing hug before throwing you the keys.

"Lock up when you're done!" He skips away and disappears around the corner.

You chuckle at how excited Dr. Henderson was about this. You turn back to Harry, and cock your head.

There's something about him, and it's not just the fact that he's practically half cyborg, there's something else. A connection between the both of you. It seems like Harry can feel it too.

let me know if you guys want a part 2!!