It will always be you

Harry's POV

Y/N and I broke up a couple years ago. Things got hard. I was working on set of Dunkirk, I was putting together my new album. Next thing I knew I was touring worldwide doing what I love.

I remember standing up on that stage, smiling into the crowd as fans screamed and the stage lights shined brightly. I never felt happier. I had everything I've ever wanted. But as I stood there, I felt empty.

I was missing something. And that something was Y/N.

As much as I hate remembering the day where we decided to call it quits, it's all that's been going through my head.

I can't sleep knowing how much she was hurting. I can't sleep knowing how I abandoned her for so long.

I guess I just loved working on all these new things so much, I fell into that void where you just want to do more and more. You forget about everything else.

It's been how long, 3 years?

Yeah, three years I've been drowning in complete darkness because I no longer have the most beautiful person by my side.

I can't help but think what she's doing right now. I can't help but think whether she's found someone new. My heart aches at the thought of that. The thought that there's someone else who's with her; where I'm supposed to be.

———

I toss and turn, unable to find a comfortable position in bed. I sigh heavily, staring up at the blank ceiling.

I'm used to not sleeping now, it's something that I just don't like to do anymore; especially since Y/N isn't here. It's so lonely without her.

I roll over and see the flashing red numbers on my alarm clock.

3:34am.

I really can't take this anymore. Being without her is a living hell and I want to get out of it.

I want to feel loved again.

I grab my phone of the bedside table and unlock it. I immediately go onto messages and see Y/N's contact appears on top.

Last time I made contact with her was 11 months ago. Once heck of a long time.

I open our last conversation. It's painful reading through all our messages. I know it shouldn't be, it should be bringing back happy memories, right?

I feel the back of my eyes start to burn as my thumb only slows down on the scrolling to absorb every single message exchanged.

The ache in my heart only grows even more stronger. I miss her more than anything else and I'm at that point where I'd literally do anything to get her back. Anything.

———

"So Harry, ever since the break up with whoever-her-name is," My eye twitches.

"How has your love life been lookin'?" He finishes his question.

"Eh," I mentally roll my eyes. I've been asked this question at least 50 times now, it's beginning to get old.

"Found anyone new?" He persists.

I shake my head, pursing my lips together.

"Well, that's oddly surprising. Considering that, there are so many other girls out there who are 10 times better than Y/N. Like I would expect you to be over her in a jiffy! She wasn't that great anyway..." The talk show host blabs on.

My blood boils. I can feel every single muscle in my body tense. All I feel is anger. How dare he talk about her like that?

"Excuse me? Who on earth gives you the right to say that shit about Y/N? Y/N is the most amazing person to ever exist! And no one, and I mean no one ever comes close to her! She is an angel, while you guys are just shitty assholes. She doesn't deserve these things said about her. She's the most beautiful thing ever created and I will always love her with everything I have. And as a matter of fact, your show is bullshit. I'm out of here." I snap as I slam the headphones onto the table before storming out.

I hear my manager run after me, yelling for being rude. I couldn't even give two shits though. That ignorant asshole said all those horrible things about Y/N. How could he? How could one say such things about the most angelic person on earth?

As my manager and a team of staff members run after me, I run faster. I turn a corner and lose them. Soon then, the adrenaline fades, and I am alone. No where to go.

———

After what it seemed like hours and hours of walking in the cold, I have managed to get myself lost. I shove my hands in my pocket as they begin to numb.

I feel my phone vibrate, I pull it out of my pocket and see multiple texts from my manager. I don't bother reading them, it isn't worth it.

I sigh. Knowing that I've probably costed my reputation and my entire celebrity image from that interview. But who gives a shit? I'm tired of it anyway. I just want Y/N back. I'm not myself without her. I'm nothing without her.