Better off with me (part 5)

a/n: here's the update that y'all have all been dying for. sorry it took so long, i re-wrote this at least 5 times because i wasn't too happy with it. but here it is now! so enjoy my pretties <3

It's the last period of the day and your legs are itching to just sprint out of that door which leads to freedom.

You impatiently stare at the ticking clock until that long hand reaches the 12. "Come on!" You whisper to yourself.

You suddenly remember that you got a date with Sam tonight. Butterflies erupt in your stomach as you only grow more and more impatient for this boring lesson to end. "God damn it bell! Just ring already!" You whisper to yourself again. Your request is taken and a loud ringing sound pierces your ear drums.

"Yes!" You say happily. You pack up your stuff so quickly and dash out of the class room, quicker than lighting. You get to your locker and shove all off your books in there; thank god you don't have to take any of those heavy stacks of useless papers home.

You close your locker and scan the crowded hallway for that gorgeous ginger-haired boy you've been waiting to see all day. You finally spot him in the flood of many students. Him noticing you looking at him, he gives you a sparkling smile.

Your legs get weak as you feel your heart melt. "Hey." He walks up to you and smiles. "H-Hi." You reply, unable to speak. "Still nervous, huh?" He chuckles. You feel your cheeks heat up in embarrassment. It's like he knows just how you are feeling.

"Let's go. I'm going to walk you home today." He says as he holds out his hand and you hesitantly take it.

"Oh come on Y/N. Why you so afraid of me? It's not like I'm going to bite you." He chuckles lightly as he makes a little growling sound. You laugh as you two walk through the now empty hallways.

Not too long later, you two finally arrive at your house. "Well, this is it." You say as you attempt to let go off his hand, but he refuses to let go of yours.

"Wow, nice place." He says, nodding in approval. There's a long, slightly awkward silence between you two. "See you tonight?" He says, breaking the awkwardness. "Of course! Looking forward to it!" You smile as you remember the date with Sam you have tonight.

"Great! See you soon, love." He plants a sweet kiss on your lips before you both exchange your goodbyes. You rush into the house and close the door behind you.

You excitedly run to your room, opening your closet to reveal the amount of clothes hanging on hangers. You pick your outfit and dash into the bathroom to get ready for your special night.

You put on your last piece of accessory and you straighten out your dress. You admire how nice you look in the mirror, you've got to admit that it's been so long since you've felt so good and confident.

The door bell rings and you quickly grab your purse and hurry to the door. You swing it open which reveals a jaw-dropping, stunning Sam awaiting you with a bouquet of flowers.

As soon as he lays his eyes on you, he is lost for words. "Y-You look... fucking amazing." He breathes out. You blush as he hands you the flowers. "I got these for you, I hope you aren't allergic to them." He says and you shake your head. "They're beautiful. Thank you Sam." You smile and embrace him lightly.

You race back into the house to put the flowers in a small vase and some water before appearing in front of Sam again.

"Shall we?" You say and he nods gladly. He holds out his hand and with no hesitation you greatly accept his request.

You say a quick goodbye to your parents before leaving, on your way to your destination.

"So, where are we going?" You ask him. "Well, I booked this really nice restaura- hold on, I gotta take this." His phone rings and interrupts him. He steps out of the car and takes his call.

"Yes! For god's sake I'm going to do it tonight! Stop bugging me about it. I'll tell her once the whole thing is over okay? Stop saying that! It'll be over and done with by the end of today. Bye now." You hear Sam faintly say.

Over a million things are rushing through your head at once that you don't realise that Sam is trying to get your attention.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" He asks as he clicks his fingers in front of your face.

"Oh yes. Uh, I'm fine. Let's go." You say as you quickly buckle your seatbelt.

"As I was saying. I booked a reservation at this place. It's super fancy and they have the best food. I'm 99% sure you'll really really love it." Sam says as he looks deeply into your eyes. You feel him place his hand on yours, giving you a smile.

You smile back lightly, still contemplating what he was saying earlier. What does he want to tell you? And what does he mean by "It'll be over and done with by the end of today"? Was what Harry said about Sam really true?