From friends, to more

You and your best friend Harry, sit on the front porch enjoying the blazing orange sunset fade into a gentle and calm pink mixed with the blue sky.

"It's so beautiful." You say.

"Yeah, it is." Harry looks over at you and immediately smiles to himself.

"Why are you smiling?" You ask.

"Am I not allowed to smile?" He chuckles and you shake your head and laugh.

Silence takes over the atmosphere around you and as the only thing that can be heard is the soft, quiet and gentle howls of the wind.

"Y/N?" Harry croaks out as he places his cold and pale hand on yours.

"Yes, Harry?" You reply, turning to face him.

He looks so beautiful. The sunset reflecting its colours on his skin, defining all his features. You just want to grab his face and kiss him.

Harry's POV

She turns to face me and I get that weird feeling in my stomach, again.

Her eyes sparkle and her lips are curved into a soft smile. Strands of her hair fall onto her face. She's just so beautiful. How can someone be so beautiful?

"I-I just want to thank you. For everything you've done for me. You're always there for me and you're always here to help me out, even when I can't even make a simple batch of cookies. You're always here to help." I say, wanting to say so much more but afraid she'll get bored and tired of listening to me.

"Harry, you don't need to thank me. That's what friends are for. They're always there for each other in their time of need." She smiles.

Friends? I thought we were way past that stage by now!

"Right... friends." I mutter quietly.

"Is.... is something wrong?" She asks, her voice showing a hint of concern.

"Y/N I don't want to be just friends anymore." I sigh.

"W-What do you mean?..."

"I mean tha-, forget it. It's not even worth it. I'm just a waste of your time." I drop her hands.

"No no no Harry don't say that! You're not a waste of my time! If you were I wouldn't be here right now with you. And of course it's worth it. Everything you say is worth it." She says as holds onto my hands again making me get that weird feeling in my stomach for the 100th time today.

"I like you Y/N. I really do. In fact, I love you. I fucking love you. You have a heart of gold and not to mention but you are the most gorgeous person I have ever laid eyes on. And we've been best friends for so long now. You are the light of my life. How many years? 8 years? I remember the day we first met, I was playing soccer with the lads and you were sitting on the park bench, reading a book. My soccer ball rolled over to your feet and you looked up and saw me. I came running after my ball and I froze. Your beauty struck me like lightning. I couldn't move or speak. Let alone it felt like I couldn't breathe. You handed me my ball back but I still couldn't say anything until Niall invited you to come play soccer with us. And that's how we're still friends to this day. But I don't want it to be like that anymore. I want to be with you. I want you to be the first person I see in the morning and the last I see at night. I want to shower you with love and kisses. I want to cuddle with you on the couch and watch movies all day. I want to hold you close to me so I can feel your heartbeat. I want to I love you." I pour out my heart to the girl I've always wanted. I pant, slightly out of breath from all the talking I just did.

She doesn't say anything. Instead she looks at me with a blank expression. I start to get nervous and panic.

"Y/N? Y/N pleas-"

She cuts me off by attaching her lips to mine. I pull her onto my lap as we both move our lips in sync.

I pull away and look deeply into her eyes. Her sparkling eyes.

"I love you too." She says softly and I smile.

"I promise to never break your heart. I will always love and protect it, and I will always love and protect you."

"I know you will Harry. I know you will."

---

hellooo my little cupcakes it's been a while hasn't it?

it's literally 5 am and I can't sleep because it's so damn hot ! since I am extremely bored and I can't sleep I decided to write this imagine and I have to say I enjoyed writing this imagine a lot like it's so sweet. I kinda teared up a little while writing it. I've only got 1 week of school left then I'm on summer break ! expect a lot of updates since I have a lot of spare time on my hands. anyway, hope you guys are enjoying the book so far !

love y'all

- njhslove