Half Human (part two)

You work on developing Harry's communication skills for the rest of your stay that the Henderson Headquarters.

You kneel down in front of Harry, the boy who seems to have grown onto you a lot. It may sound a little stupid, but you find yourself beginning to get quite attached to this robot.

He extends his chained arm and caresses your cheek, just like how you did the first time you met him.

His hands are soft, hard to believe that he isn't human. He acts so human-like.

"You are beautiful." He says, tucking a stand of hair behind your ear.

You feel your heart rate accelerate.

"Me? No no..." You chuckle and look at your feet.

"You are kind, loving, caring.... I could go on if I had to." He chuckles lightly. You're surprised how much his dialect has improved. In fact, it almost seems a little impossible.

"You speak so well all of a sudden... How?" You ask him.

"Want me to tell you something? You cannot tell anybody though, not even Dr. Henderson." He leans in closer.

You nod, and promise him.

"I knew how to speak all along." You back away a little.

"You... You did?" You say, in a little shock.

"Yeah. I've picked up communication skills from those who come down here. Meetings are held here, there's people talking all the time. All I have to do is process words through my database, get the definition and then learn how to use them in sentences. That's all I've been doing down here, just learning how to... be human." He explains to you, looking you deep in the eyes.

"So, what you're basically saying is... all I've done, all I've taught you was just a waste?" You say, a little hurt.

"No no no! That's not what I meant," Harry says frantically, gripping your hand.

"It's not a waste, not a waste at all. I got to spend time with... you. Never in my time of existence have I met someone as kind, as thoughtful, loving, caring as you. I really despised humans until you came along. Dr. Henderson and his team of fuckwits only treated me as an experiment. I guess I kind of was made to be an experiment. But that's beside the point, I didn't want to be an experiment, I didn't want to be called "Subject Zero". I just wanted to feel loved and feel cared for, be treated as something other than a huge piece of highly advanced metal scrap with just layers of skin on. And you gave me that, you showed me how it feels to be loved."

You shake your head and snatch your hand away. "This is bullshit." You walk away from Harry, not wanting to hear anymore.

"Wait, Y/N! Where are you going?!" You hear Harry's shouts, but they get fainter as you disappear.

Harry's POV

I see Y/N disappear around the corner. My mechanical heart starts beating quickly, making my circuits go haywire, not being able to pump this much fuel and electricity.

A feeling of guilt consumes me. She spent all this time just trying to help me. She could've been creating something new or, doing something useful with her time here. But she has a big heart, and she dedicated it to helping me, and I fucked it up.

I need to find her, I can't let her slip away now. My only chance at finding hope.

I feel an overpowering feeling of strength suddenly overcome me. I pull my arms forward, attempting to break free of the chains which hold me back.

I feel them getting looser as I look back, seeing the paint on the white wall start to crack and little bits of concrete fall onto the hard floor. I pull harder, then suddenly the force and tension is released. With my arms now free, time to get my legs out.