♡CHAPTER 23♡

Josephine's POV

"Hello?" I call out.

No answer.

"Grayson, are you home?" I close the door behind me.

Still no answer.

I guess he hasn't come back home yet.

My head hurts, but I'm kind of hungry.

Screw this headache.

I walk to the kitchen and grab the bag of honey BBQ Fritos from the counter. I plop down on the couch and turn on Graceland to watch.

The show was intense with a shooting scene when there's loud banging on the front door.

I flinched so bad that the bag of chips came flying out of my hands spilling all over the living room.

Fuck my life

I run to see who's at the door. It's Grayson.

I guess it's time to face him.

I slowly open the door to let him in.

"Oh thank goodness, I was so worried Josephine" he engulfs me into a hug.

"I was looking for you all over the hospital, but you weren't there" he leads us to the living room.

"What happened here?" He scans the room.

"Ohh, umm well... you kinda scared me when you were banging on the door " I motion to the front door.

"But no worries, I'll clean it up" I begin picking up all the pieces off the floor.

"No I got it, just go rest" he takes the pieces of chips from my hands.

I give him an I can do it look.

"Please, Josephine. Just go rest" he throws the pieces in his hands away and guides me to our room.

I lay down on the bed, and he leaves to clean up the mess in the living room.

I'm getting anxious as the moment passes because I know he'll come back and we'll have to talk.

Does he really love me?

Do I love him?

Why does he love me?

My thoughts are interrupted by Grayson entering the room.

"All done" he plops on the bed.

"Thank you " I face him.

"Don't worry about it" he turns towards me.

"I'm sorry Josephine" he speaks.

"For what?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"For scaring you off... by telling you I love you" he whispers.

"Ohh... Grayson I--" he interrupts me.

"It's okay. I know you don't feel the same way" he says with hurt.

"Actually, I don't know how I feel if I'm being honest with you" I breathe.

"Your feelings will come through to you one day, and I'll be here when you know how you truly feel" he speaks softly.

"I'm sorry if I made you mad at the hospital the other day" I apohlogize.

"It's fine, just know I'll always be here for you Josephine. I'll be here with you through all of this" he kisses my forehead.