♡CHAPTER 40♡

Josephine's POV

Grayson and I are back at our own home now. We decided we'll go visit our lawyer about the situation on Charlie and ask how we're going to get him back.

"Hello Mr. And Mrs. Dolan. I'm Lane Carver. How can I help you" our lawyer introduces himself.

Grayson explains how we gain legal custody of Charlie, but Charlie's aunt filed for legal custody without our knowledge and took him.

"The only thing she has going for her is that she's his blood relative. Usually judges perfer kids to stay with blood relatives because it's more convenient and more stable for them" Lane speaks.

"So how can we get him back?" Grayson asks.

"Honestly, I don't think you guys can" Lane speaks the truth.

"Why's that?" I retort.

"Well, think of it like this. Would you want a kid to live with a relative or a stranger?" He rhetorically asks.

"Also, the whole incident that occurred at your house. It will definitely make the judge question his safety" Lane adds.

Fuck.

"He won't be able to leave his aunts custody unless there's signs of abuse" Lane informs us.

"His aunt is a drug addict" I spit.

"Do you have proof?" Lane asks.

"I don't need proof! You can tell just by looking at her! Have you seen her?" I huff.

"I'm sorry, but we can't just assume. We need proof" Lane sincerely speaks.

"So there's nothing we can do? Nothing?" I say with tears.

"Unfortunately not. You will only be able to get him back if signs of abuse show up or if you can prove his aunt is a drug addict" Lane shakes our hands goodbye.

---

Grayson hasn't spoke to me the whole day. When we got home, he left to go somewhere. He didn't tell me where he was going; he just left without saying anything.

I just laid in bed crying.

---

It's late now, 10 pm to be exact. Grayson hasn't come back home yet.

I'm sitting in the living room where I shot Griffin. The police cleaned up the place but looking around the living room still haunts me.

I hear the front door being fumbled with. Grayson stumbles into the house.

"Hey, where have you been?" I rush towards him.

"Out" he slurs.

He's drunk.

"Let's get you upstairs" I place his arm over my shoulders.

"Don't touch me! It's all your fault" he pulls his arm back.

Is he talking about Charlie?

"What?" I ask confused.

"You're the reason why he's gone!" Grayson cries.

"It's not my fault!" I fire back.

"Yes it is! Just like how you can't even give us a family" he spits.

He did not just say that.

"I hate you" I whisper as I push him.

I rush to our room and pack a bag. I don't know where I'm going to go, but I'm definitely not staying here tonight.

He bought the house, so he has the right to stay. I'm not going to stay with Ethan and Sierra because that's his brother. I have no one here to be honest.

I'm just going to find a hotel.

I grab my bag and past Grayson in the hallway.

"Where are you going?" He grabs my arm.

I pull my arm away and continue walking. I don't want to talk to him.

"I said, where are you going" he pulls me against a wall, hovering over me.

"Grayson, get away from me" I push him off.

" CHARLIE'S THE CLOSEST THING I COULD HAVE FOR A SON, AND YOU TOOK THAT AWAY FROM ME! YOU CAN'T HAVE KIDS, IT'S A SLIM TO NONE CHANCE! YOU WERE RIGHT WHEN YOU TOLD ME YOU COULDN'T BE APART OF MY AMERICAN DREAM" he yells in my face.

Those words hurt.

He's drunk.

But a drunken mind speaks a sober heart.

So he means everything he's saying right now.

"I'M SORRY THAT I HAD CANCER AND RUINED THE CHANCES OF ME GETTING PREGNANT, BUT I DIDNT CHOOSE TO GET CANCER" I say with tears streaming down my face.

I push him and grab my bag. I get in my car and just drive. I don't know where but all I could do was drive.

I'm going 75 mph on a 40 mph street. I see teenagers running across the street, and I hit my breaks while swerving on road.

I couldn't see where I was swerving to, but all I could are trees.

---

I hear people whispering and a bright light shinning on my face.

I open my eyes and see the teenage boys I almost ran over.

"She's awake" one of them sighs.

"Are you guys crazy?!" I shout.

"We're sorry" a thin boy says.

"Just leave please. I need to get going" I start the car.

They scooted back down further on the road so I can leave.

I drive to a hotel near by and get a room for one. My car wasn't that damaged, but anyone can tell I got into an accident.

Ugh, Grayson's going to be so mad that I crashed the car, but screw him. I don't care.

Author's Note:
Cheers to 8k! 🍻

I went to a beautiful wedding on Saturday. My family that came in town for the wedding are all gone now. They went back home. I miss them crazy bitches already😟

When do you guys start school?
I don't even know when my first day is. All I know is that it's on the second week of September lol.

Don't be a 👻 reader! Vote, comment, follow, anything if you want to.
But please keep reading!
I Love You❤

Until next time my loves 💋

♡♡♡