5.1

They meet. They become friends, good friends, best friends. They fall in love. Boy courts girl for who knows how long or how short and girl says yes. They become officially boyfriend-girlfriend. 

That wasn't how ours went. 

We kind of skipped the courting stage. It just kind of happened. Well. It surely needed a little push I guess. But i guess whatever really is bound to happen will always find its way. (wink)

It was July 16, 2007 (wink again). 

Two weeks before July 16, we had a school event where girls in our class were going to be paired with boys in Richard's class and girls in their class would be paired with boys in ours. No, it wasn't prom but a special edition of Scav Hunt (Scavenger Hunting). So last week we were paired up. I swear if I was paired with Richard (not that I didn't want to but), that "random pairing" is definitely rigged. But to my surprise, no. 

I was paired with Jake. Richard was paired with Patricia. We were kind of forced to spend time with our partners to strategise and get to know each other because, well, if we wanted to win we had to learn to work together. We were further separated to three groups to go on inspection days of the locations. You guessed it. Richard was not in the same group as me. So even on the weekends, we couldn't hang out.

So I was spending a lot of time with Jake. Usually the time I spent with Richard, I spent with Jake instead. But it's the same with him, Richard spends time with his own partner. 

I'm really competitive and I'm glad Jake is also, that way I am assured, well both of us are, that we are in it to win it. 

I'm missing Richard, so I send him a text. 

No reply

No reply. Hmm. Baka busy. So I leave it. 

An hour passed and still no reply.

No reply pa rin. Hmm. It got me worried a little. Ano kaya nangyari dun. And then my phone beeped. Yay!

 Yay!