19.2

RICHARD

When I got to the door, I slowly opened it and there she was. Totoo nga. She had her back to the door and as I walked closer to her I could see that she was shaking a bit. So I sat on the side of her bed, tucked her hair and held her shoulder. She was so hot. Temperature guys, wholesome tayo dito. So I grabbed the other blankets beside her in a rush and tucked her in those too. "Don't worry Menggay. I'm here, ako bahala sa'yo. Hindi kita papabayaan."

I was trying to remember what happened last night, how did she end up here. Ang maalala ko lang dumating siya kagabi kung nasan kami nila Sam.

Then Riza spoke behind me, leaning on the door, "Ayan kasi Kuya eh. Inom pa. Naulanan tuloy si Ate dahil sayo."

Tumingin lang ako kay Riza still not getting it, she went on, "Hindi mo ba maalala? Siya nag uwi sa'yo kagabi, pinuntahan ka niya kung san ka man umiinom, eh ang lakas ng ulan eh, tsaka ang laki mo kayang tao compared diyan kay Ate. Pag dating niyo dito, basang basa kayong dalawa. Buti di ka nagkasakit."

How I wish ako na lang yung nagkasakit. And then, shit. It's all slowly coming back to me. Images of last night. I closed my eyes and turned back to Meng.

"I'm sorry Meng." Then I felt her grabbing my right hand and she was holding on to it as tight as if it was her blanket as well. She was hugging my arm. "Dito lang ako, hindi ako alis." I kissed her head as I say these. Hay nako Menggay ko. "I'm so sorry." And I just hug her to keep her warm while she sleeps.

LOUISE

I was just outside the door, watching my boyfriend with his ex-girlfriend. I refuse to believe na we have broken up. He is just going through a phase again. Sanay namana ako sa mga ganyan phase ni Richard. In the end naman, he chooses me. Well so far.

I saw how just the simple mention of Maine's name, he went running to her. I saw the panic and worry in his eyes. I've never had that kind of effect on him. But then again I understand, first love niya si Maine eh.

After a while, hindi ko na kinaya. I had to excuse myself and leave. I need to go to a place where I can just breathe. Ayaw ko naman makipag-compete kay Maine. Alam ko naman talo ako, especially when it comes to Richard and his family, wala akong laban kay Maine. Tanggap ko naman yun.

Baka naguiguilty lang si Richard kasi kasalanan niya kung bakit nagkasakit si Maine, kaya okay lang sakin for now na ganyan na lang worry niya for her. He should've just call me last night to bring him home. He didn't have to bother her. I'll let him take care of her to overcome this guilt then maybe we can all move on and get on with our lives again. I just want my Richard back and for us to be back to normal.

RICHARD

Nung kami pa ni Maine, sa totoo lang, I kinda loved it when she was sick. Cause it was the time when she was the most clingy and sweet. All she wants is for me to be there beside her. Tapos sobrang cute niya talaga. And I loved taking care of her. Parang yun yung purpose ko sa mundo, alagaan at mahalin si Meng.

Who knew that I would have that chance again. Here she was sa tabi ko. Nahahawakan ko siya. At sobrang higpit ng kapit niya sa braso ko. If only I could stop the time, I would, right at this moment. Naiisip ko na nga na kargahin ko na lang 'to at dadalhin sa malayong malayong lugar, somewhere only we know (wink).

Alam ko may pagka creepy na, pero tinititigan ko lang siya matulog, cherishing every moment that she is here with me right now. In a perfect world, where we would have never broken up and stuck with each other til the end, this would just be a normal everyday occurrence.

What I learned sa naudlot naming love story, wala pala talagang dapat "mas" when it comes to love and relationships. Wala dapat kung sino yung mas nag mahal, mas nasaktan, mas umiyak, mas perfect, mas lumaban, kahit anong mas kung ano ano pa yan. Kasi para sakin ito yung sumira samin. Walang nag patalo eh.

Pareho kaming may pagkukulang at nagkamali, taolang naman kami pareho. Wala ako maisip kundi, ito na ata ang second chancenamin at love. Hindi pa pala tapos and kwento namin ni Meng. Hindi ako papayag.At kung may magagawa pa naman ako para tuloy ang kwento namin, ito nako, kahitano po Lord. Mapaakin lang 'to ulit at mabalik yung meron kami dati... "I love you Menggay. I'm sorry." Ikissed her warm head again and again.